PREFACE

-

-

"What a treacherous thing it is
To believe that a person
Is more than a person."

John Green, Paper Towns

-

Of love and of hate,
Of strangers and those held dear.
Of happiness and of heartache,
Of those far and those near.
Of a boy who searches
From the west to the east,
For who could ever learn
To love a beast?

-

Thank you, beautiful soul, for opening up this book! It truly means the world.

The first document I have relating to "Rose" dates back to October, 2018. I've been brainstorming, planning, plotting, writing, and re-writing ever since then. The current manuscript differs greatly from my original plans, but the heart of the story is still the same.

As cliche as this may sound, this story is all about love, humanity, and letting go.

I'm extremely excited to finally share "Rose" with you all, and I'm eternally grateful to have the opportunity to put my writing out there into the world.

I hope this story is one many of you are able to connect with, and I hope you come to hold the characters as near and dear to your hearts as I do. And yes—this is a modern retelling of "Beauty and the Beast," but it's definitely only loosely based on the fairytale. I absolutely adore fairytale retellings; I hope this one brings you, my lovely readers, as much joy as others have brought me!

Happy reading everyone. I love you all so very much.

Note: this book touches on the topics of loss and grief. If you are sensitive to these topics, please be cautious while reading. No book is worth sacrificing your mental well-being.

This book is dedicated to my dear friend, ggukbookie . Thank you for being my support, my best friend, and my number one "fan." (Yes, I'm letting you call yourself a fan this one time.) I love you to 134340 and back!