011

TIME SKIP TO END OF TRIP

Y/N POV

"Goodbye!" I yell out to Noah's family as I put my suitcase and bag into my trunk. 

"Bye!" Chloe says, side hugging me before running back inside their house.

"I'll see you Monday at school?" Noah asks.

"Definitely." I reply.

Noah hugs me tight, not letting go, but I don't want him to let go. When he lets go, I lean up and peck him on the lips. Noah smiles down at me and kisses me on the forehead. We hug one last time and I step into my car and drive away. Noah gets smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror as I go down the road. It's sad, not being with him, even though I can't wait to hang out with Jade and Luke. The entire trip, I kept texting them, asking them how they were doing and how they're break was going. Jade was, as usual, having fun with her sisters and being happy, but Luke seemed more distant than ever. I asked Jade about him, but apparently around her he's been acting normal. Maybe he just hates me.

"Welcome home, pickle." My dad says, using my childhood nickname.

"Hey, Dad." I say and run up to him and hug him. After that he smiles and goes back to his office to finish up work. Instead of unpacking, I leave my bags in my car and walk next door to Jade's house.

"Y/n!" Jade squeals as she opens the door, throwing her arms around me.

"Jade!" I say, laughing at how excited she was.

"Come on, let's go pick up Luke!" Jade says, pulling me out the door to my car.

"Are you sure he wants to see me?"

"What do you mean?" Jade asks.

"Whenever I talk to he just makes it seem like he hates me." I reply, sad.

"Really? You're all he's talking about. He's all like 'i miss y/n, noah's stealing y/n'." Jade replies, mocking Luke's voice. 

"Huh. Maybe he'll be excited if we surprise him." I say.

"Totally." Jade agrees.

*****

Jade and I walk up to his family's front door and ring the door bell. Luke's brother, Julian, opens the door and let's us in, not really paying any attention. The two of us run up the stairs and knock on Luke's bedroom door. From behind the door, we can hear shuffling and talking, a girls voice. Jade looks at me and I return her glance, both of us confused. Luke hasn't dated a girl ever since Ebony and doesn't really have any girl friends besides us. Luke opens the door, shirtless, and looks surprised to see Jade and I standing there.

"Um, hi." I say, trying to muster up smile.

"Y/n, Jade, what are you doing here?" He snaps.

"We're just coming to hang out, that's all." Jade replies.

"Well, I can't." Luke says sounding annoyed. 

"Okay, we'll go." I tell him, hurt by how rude he's being.

"Who is it?" A familiar voice says from behind him. Ebony Hastings appears from his room, wearing one of Luke's sweatshirts. She looks at us, an evil glint in her eye. Ebony knows exactly what she's doing and she knows we know. Poor Luke is standing there, all caught up in her trap, completely clueless. Didn't he learn his lesson before? Is he stupid? All I want to do is slap Ebony across the face. Gosh, why is she such a terrible person?

"We were just going." Jade says, glaring at Ebony, who's smirking.

"Wait!" Luke says, but the two of us ignore him and keep going.

"Don't worry about them.." Ebony says, closing the door.

*****

"Why would he go back to her?" I almost yell as we're back in my car.

"I don't know, but you need to talk him out of it." Jade says.

"What, why me?" I ask, surprised.

"Because you're the only one he'll listen to you." Jade tells me.

 "He'll listen to you." I say.

"No, he won't. How have you not noticed after all these years how much he cares about you?" Jade replies, which silences me. There's no way Luke cares about me as much as she says he does. Sure, we've been best friends forever, but it's always been clear that neither of us like each other like that and that we're done with dating for a while. Besides, even if he does care about me that much, it's not like he likes me or anything. He's always put off the look of not caring about anyone, which confuses me because he never talks about anyone the way Jade is saying he does.

"I just can't believe he doesn't see what Ebony's doing!" I complain.

"Just talk to him, okay? Talk him out of it?" 

"I will, I will. Now, where do you wanna get food?"

a/n -

☹.

<3 lilia