Part 1

Rescue Of The Heart

honiglippe

Summary:

Someone wants to steal what is most on The Ghost's heart.

Notes:

Since I was a little child I was quiet fascinated by the Ghost of Captain Daniel Gregg of the TV-Show The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

Work Text:

Rescue of the Heart by Honiglippe aka Marianne

Part 1

"Jonathan!" the captain whispered and sprang to his feet, inclining his head as if he was hearing a distant call. All chatter came to a halt from the people scattered around the living room, which had been in a relaxed pose of happiness and contentment, before the display to enfold.

"Daniel?" the call of his life soul distracted him for a second, before he squeezed her hand still in his. A quick look around the full living room, he sought but one face he could not find, not seeing the shocked looks he got in return. His stance was of a being ready to battle, whatever the cost. A distant call seemed to be heard again only by him and with a look of assurance to Carolyn and his little girl, the Captain waved a hand, the sword from the wall flew to his outstretched hand and he disappeared from the view of all who watched him fascinated.

"What the hell, just happened here?" Brad Williams shout out with a shocked voice, throwing the rest scattered around the living room from their trance. His wife Emily held a hand to her heart and after a look into her daughter's eyes; she looked at the mantle over to the painting of Captain Gregg. Thinking it was not possible, but the facts remained in her minds eyes.

"Mommy, Jonathan is not here. He said he would go to the shed to take out our present for you, we hid there, but that was fifteen minutes ago." Candy called out in a fearful voice.

A distant thunder could be heard from the direction of the beaches cliff, finally making Carolyn ran to the door and running to the cliff where thunder and bolting of great strength clapped through to them. The others ran after her to a sight no one could have imagined of men fighting with swords and fists.

One blond man was holding a squirming Jonathan near the distant cliff, with shouts they could not understand going between the man and the fighting ones.

The Captain had recognized three of the men when he reappeared at the cliff where Jonathan's distressed call for him had come from.

Two had been pirates from a distant past he had conquered, when they wanted to enter his ship. Blood had fluid but no death had occurred, and incarceration for life for the pirate crew.

The third was from a coward once one of his crew, who had the death of two other crew mates on his head. The fourth man, who held Jonathan, he did not know, but seemed the instigator for what was going down and from a time, judging by his clothes, not far from this present.

The boy squirmed in the arms a look of pure terror in his eyes, with his mouth held silent by a vicious hand over it.

"Get him," the blond-haired man shouted with hate in his voice. "That old fool, who thought to have as his own my kids and nothing for good wife."

The three others attacked the captain as one, and he was glad to have retrieved his sword from the wall, as he countered their attacks. The vicious words put storm in his eyes and thunder clapped and lightning alight the darkened sky.

From afar, he could hear Carolyn's voice calling out for him and her boy child. The attacks came from all sides, the most he countered, and some hit him and sliced through his white shirt. After a while, he could take hold of one of the man and take the sword from him. With one sword, he countered the attacks and with the other one stroke one pirate to the ground. They were no match to the captain who fought for his new family with all his might.