-Goodbye-

"You did it Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" Gobber exclaimed as the boy was hoisted up into the air by some other Berkians. The boy looked annoyed and uneasy. He sarcastically let out a cheer.

"Yay I'm so-"

"We're leaving!" Hiccup exclaimed as he reached the cove an hour later to avoid attention. Actually, he had already thought about leaving long ago, so he had the necessities packed. He was dragging a big enough basket, not too big, that could fit all his drawings and sketches of his dragon's prosthetic. The basket also included his pillow, blanket, clothes and writing materials.

His dragon bounded over, eyes dilated, looking like a puppy. He sniffed the basket and crooned. He nudged the basket slightly. The night fury then looked up to his rider with worried eyes. Worried for his friend that he would miss his home. The home where he grew up in. Hiccup looked into Toothless' eyes and it was as if they were communicating.

"Yeah, I don't think I will miss them. Well, I will miss Gobber, or Gothi. But I won't miss Berk in general so don't worry, bud. Now let's go." He smiled and attached the basket to his dragon before climbing onto the sadle and taking off.

————————————————————————————————

They had been flying for a few hours now, until the sun had started setting. They still hadn't found an island suitable for them to inhabit. The night fury growled in annoyance and tiredness.

"Sorry bud. We just have to push on." Hiccup patted Toothless' side. He too was getting tired and let out a yawn. Just then, a four winged dragon appeared in front of them. Hiccup immediately halted Toothless and Toothless hovered in mid-air, flapping his wings. The four winged dragon looked at Hiccup, then to Toothless. Then lowered itself so that it's rider can be seen.

Hiccup gasped. It was another rider. Another dragon rider. That rider was wearing some weird amour that fully protected her. She wore a cape that was flowing in the wind. She had a mask on which was resembled somewhat of a dragon, and had 2 large black holes carved out as the eyes. She held a staff in one hand, one that had hooks on both sides, and a shield in the other hand.

The mysterious rider said nothing. She and Hiccup stared at each other for a period of time, before she motioned for him to follow her, and she took off. Hiccup and Toothless quickly followed after her. She led them to a cave which was very dark and had no form of light source whatsoever.

"W-who are you?" He asked as he got off from Toothless. The mysterious rider stood in front of him, her majestic four-winged dragon sat behind her obediently. Many other dragons surrounded both riders, and they were slightly hostile to Hiccup.

The mysterious rider used her staff and motioned to the dragons to give them light, which they complied and gave a low flame to light the cave slightly.

The mysterious rider slowly crept towards Hiccup, in which he backed away, uncertain and slightly scared. Sensing this, Toothless curled his tail around him and bore his teeth. But as soon as the mysterious rider made a hand gesture towards the growling night fury, he turned into a puppy and rolled onto the floor, purring in delight.

The rider kept on walking towards the boy until he was pressed onto the wall of the cave. Hiccup uncertainly looked at her and diverted his gaze somewhere else. The rider gasped and took a step back. She lifted off her helmet.

"Hiccup? After all this years, could it possibly...?" She stared at her son in awe. But he stared back in confusion. How did she know his name?

"U-uhh, d-do I know you?" He asked nervously.

"No. You were only a baby, but a mother never forgets." She stared at her son. The boy gasped. He stared back in disbelief. In shock. In awe. Half happy, half uncertain. His mother was alive! He finally gets to know her! But what would that mean? What future would that bring?

"Come." She said before hurrying off rapidly. Hiccup followed after her, desperately trying to catch up to her. But of course, after spending 15 years in the wild, she would be able to outrun any viking on Berk. Especially the fishbone.

"Wait up! Do you grasp how insane this is? You're my mother? And you're alive? Everyone said you were dead. Everyone said you were taken by-" Hiccup came to a clearing after a series of twists and turns, Toothless shoving him here and there to help him catch up, and his lungs feeling all dried up. "-dragons." He breathed out as he took in the surroundings. In a giant ice cave, many dragons were flying around, taking a nap, or nursing their young. Hiccup stared in awe. His life is finally complete.

"So this is where you've been for 15 years?" He looked up to his mother, who was hanging on the ceiling with the help of her dragon. She nodded.

"You've been rescuing them." She nodded again. Hiccup smiled as he looked around again. There was just so much to take in.

"Do you, do you like it?" Valka asked uncertainly. He continued staring, eyes filled with glee.

"I don't have the words. It's not everyday you find out your mother, who was supposedly dead, is alive. And that she's this awesome dragon rider that goes around rescuing dragons." He smiled. She smiled back. Using her hook, and the aid of her dragon, she got to ground level with Hiccup.

"After all these years, you took after me. And where was I." She looked guilty.

"Hey mom, it's alright. We are together now. That's all that matters." She smiled at the thought of him calling her mom. It sounded so nice.

"I have something else for you." She grinned. Then she motioned to her dragon, who gave a loud roar. A while later, a white dragon had landed next to his mother's dragon. A fury. A white night fury. And a girl rider, who looked younger than him, but had the same facial features as him. Auburn hair, forest green eyes yada yada yada.

"This light fury here is Crystal. And this is her rider, Hannah. Or should I say, your sister." Hiccup gasped in delight. He grinned at his newfound sister and she grinned back, equally as excited as him.

This is a whole new start. Hiccup thought.

A/N this is my first time trying to write so please do not judge haha

word count: 1094