Perfect

You step over the threshold of the frat house, uncertain of why you agreed to come to this party after all. Your friends had been hounding you saying you needed to get out of the dorms for once, but finals were coming up and you couldn't afford to waste your time. You had stormed off, tired of their relentless arguments when you bumped into him. Anton Chekhov, the man everybody on campus wanted to date. Everyone but you, that is. He was dressed in his typical frat boy attire, something you had always found entirely unattractive, but on that day, in that lighting, just for a moment it hadn't seemed that bad. 

"Are you coming to the party, Y/N" Chekhov had said, and your resolve practically melted away.

"Yeah, I am actually." The words had come out of your mouth before you could think.

"Great! I'll see you there, Y/N!" And he was gone.

As the scene comes back to you, you realize you've been standing in the doorway for a strangely long amount of time, and decide to move out into the foyer. As you squeeze through the crowd of people, you remember why you never go to parties. You don't fit in with this crowd. With your glasses and mid-pony-tail, you look like a total dweeb. In high school, you'd constantly gotten made fun of, and being called four-eyes and brace-face was never very good for your self-esteem. You thought that college was going to be a new start, but you still could never fit in with the cool crowd. 

All of a sudden, Anton calls out to you.

"Y/N! You came!" He yells.

"Yeah, I did!" You blush while making your way over to him. You see every girl in the room glaring at you out of the corners of your eyes. You know they're jealous of you and Anton, but you don't know why he's paying attention to you either. You're not even dressed up for the party, still in your sweater and basic jeans. Suddenly, your friend grabs your arm.

"Y/N! We need to get this," she waves her hand around to indicate your general attire, "fixed up."

She drags you into the nearest bathroom before taking your glasses off and pulling out your hair tie. Your perfectly curled hair cascades down your back as beautiful makeup appears on your face. Your friend pulls out a prom dress and tells you to put it on, a knowing glint in her eye. As you put on the dress and turn around to look in the mirror, you gasp at its beauty. You don't look like such a nerd anymore, and the look brings newfound confidence to your step. You stride out of the bathroom to the awe of party-goers all around you. They part, making an aisle for you to walk down to get to Anton. He looks at you with a loving smile on his face as you reach him.

"I always knew you had it in you, Y/N. I love you."

"I love you too, Anton." You smile as you lean in to kiss him. This is perfect.