SIXTEEN

Y/N POV

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I say, trying to stand but I stumble.

Luke holds onto me and puts his hand around my waist to keep me from falling back. Jade is being held back by Jake but looks like she could kill someone, Ebony is looking mortified, and I have no idea what's happening. My head is pounding as I hold onto Luke for dear life. Jade looks like she's about burst a blood vessel from how infuriated she is. I have no idea what they said to each other, but it seems pretty bad. 

"What is going on here?" Mandy, the office lady, yells.

"Nothing, just a little run in." Luke says calmly.

"Now I know that's not true. Jade? Ebony? Y/n, Luke? You have one minute to tell me what's happening before the four of you are sent to Mr. Hastings office." Mandy says, sounding like a preschool teacher.

"Jade just assaulted me!" Ebony yells.

"Oh, shut it Ebony, you had it coming." Luke snaps, making everyone here shocked.

"Is this true Jade?" Mandy asks.

"It's-" Jade says, but I cut her off.

"No, it was me! I'm so sorry Ebony, I don't know what came over me." I blurt, causing everyone to stare at me.

"It was you, Y/n?" Mandy says.

"Yes, it was me." I say. Jade looks at me confused and I just give her a look to say to go along with it. 

"Okay, well the rest of you may go, but come with me, Y/n." Mandy says.

"Yes ma'am." I say.

Luke let's go of me and I can feel everyone in the entire cafeteria stare at me as I walk out with Mandy. Already, I know Jade will be furious, but I wasn't about to let her take the fall for something that was all started over me. I know I'm gonna get suspended or detention, but I could care less. Well, hopefully just detention so it's not that bad on my record. Noah's not going to believe it when he finds out, which is a little funny. Mandy leads me throughout the school office to a few chairs waiting outside Mr. Hastings, the principle's, office. 

"Wait here." She sneers and walks off.

As I wait, I smile to myself at what Luke said to Ebony. Maybe he finally saw her true colors. Or maybe he's still mad. All I can do is hope that this entire situation doesn't end badly. After a few minutes, Mr. Hastings calls me in.

*****

I walk out of his office with detention for a week, starting Monday. Not as bad as I had expected, so I'm okay. Jade will be mad when I get back to class, but I'll just have to deal with it. It's my fault this whole thing happened, so I should be the one to take the blame. Besides, this isn't the first time Jade has been in this situation, so I'm saving her one. I just wonder what happened with Luke and Ebony. 

"I hate you!" Jade says, pulling me in for a hug as I meet her in the hallway.

"Love you too." I reply laughing. 

"Why did you do that?" She asks, confused.

"It's my fault this whole thing happened, you shouldn't be the one with consequences." I tell her.

"No! It's completely my fault! But, it's too late now. What did Hastings say?" Jade asks.

"He said since this was my first time, it won't be that bad so he only gave me a week of detention, starting Monday." I reply.

"Okay, not that bad. I'm still mad at you though!" Jade tells me smiling.

"Mhm. What happened with Ebony and Luke." I ask.

"No idea, Ebony stormed off and Luke ran after her. He seemed mad at her, but I'm sure he forgave her." Jade replies.

"If he did, I'm gonna kill him." I reply.

"Me. Too."

a/n -

it's short i'm sorry :(

<3 lilia