Chapter 1

Steve was walking around to the back of the building where he knew Nancy ate lunch with Carol and her bitchy friends. Today was the day he was finally going to ask his girlfriend of 2 months to prom. He has flowers, chocolates, and a pair of diamond earings from Nancy's favourite jewellery store.

Yet, nothing could have prepared him for what he saw when he got there, though. Nancy was sitting on JONATHAN BYERS lap making out with him. He instinctively dropped all of the presents and startled Nancy and Jonathan. Nancy turned around and got up, about to tell Steve that it wasn't what it looked like.

"Save it, Nance. I don't wanna hear it." Steve mumbled, spinning on his heel and running so that they couldn't see him crying.

But Steve wasn't looking where he was going and smacked strait into Billy fucking Hargrove. His luck really was against him today, huh?

"Harrington? What's wrong? What happened?" Billy asked softly pulling Steve into an abandoned classroom, sitting on the teachers desk and pulling Steve's head into his chest.

"Nancy cheated on Me." He mumbled, shyly.

"What the fuck!? Who with!?" Billy shouted, starting to get pissed.

"Jonathan god damn Byers." Steve whispered so softly that Billy only just caught wind of what he was saying.

Billy pulled Steve in further to his chest, if it was possible, stroking and playing with Steve's hair and mumbling sweet nothings into his ear. Telling him it was going to be alright, that Nancy was stupid, that she wasn't worth it, and that he would personally KILL Jonathan for letting Nancy cheat on Steve like that.

Billy had never been one for relationships, but he really fucking cared about Steve. Steve chuckled softly, making Billy raise a brow, confused.

"A few months ago we would be at each others throats. If anyone told me then that I would be crying into Billy Hargrove's chest over Nancy fucking Wheeler, I would have called them crazy. Now I'm not so sure."

"Oh god man, you shouldn't have to go through this. That bitch will pay, I'll make sure of it."

"Jesus Billy, I'm glad that you're being nice and all, but damn, you really are possessive over you're friends huh? It's honestly scary but kinda not at the same time." Steve giggled, blushing.

"Yeah... I guess I am, huh pretty boy? Billy said with a smirk as pink softly dusted his cheeks.

"You and you're nicknames, I swear, one day I'm gonna find a way to make up to you for this, bambi."

(I chose babmi as a nickname for Billy because it is often used as a term of endearment.)