💀🕸𝐨𝐧𝐞🕸💀

𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

My hair flowed through the foggy air as I sat on the hill behind the graveyard. Our little wooden house stood on stop of it, looking over the land.

There were very few people visiting the graves today. Standing over their loved ones graves, crying, talking, taking it in. I saw this everyday.

I used to do the same for my mother. But at this point, I've gotten kind of over the whole 'depressed over my dead mommy' thing.

I mean- don't get me wrong. I miss Rachel. I think about her everyday, but, it's been so long, I've just lost the sorrow.

I'm living with my cousin, and I help him attend to the graves at Trinity Church. We're gravekeepers.

Behind me, I can hear my cousin, Peter, whistling to the tune of Hope, by Jack Stauber. He made his way out of the house and onto the hill, standing next to me. I glanced up at him. "Hm?" I questioned.

He had dirty blonde hair, baby blue eyes. He didn't have an exact beard, but he wasn't cleanly shaven either. He didn't take very good care of himself, but instead took care of me.

He's still shaken after his mother's death. He had to bury her himself. It's been a year now, and he still wakes up in the middle of the night and screams after a nightmare. So, yeah. We don't get much sleep at night.

"Dinner's ready." He yawned, wiping his eyes. I nodded, getting up from the hill and making my way into the house. Whenever Peter cooks, he always makes his mother's favorites. Tonight, it's chili. I sat down at the table, ready to eat, but Peter stopped me.

"Prayers, Alex." He reminded me. I nodded, and retracted my hand from my spoon. Peter always prays to his mom before eating. He makes me pray to my mom. Honestly, I'd really just like to eat.

After prayers, we ate, discussing work, stuff like that. I got up, put my plate in the sink, and headed to my room. I slumped down on my bed, exhaling all of the air out of my body. I looked out of my window, and down the hill, I saw a dot. The dot was a person far away, visiting a grave.

Another sorrowful person.

Getting up from my bed, I quickly made my way out of the house. It was almost closing time. Sprinting down the hill, because I would much rather be in my bed right now, i skidded to a stop in front of the person.

Looking up and gasping for breath, I let out a wheezy "it's closing time". The person looked up with big, sad green eyes. He had curly brown hair slicked into a low, right ponytail. He was wearing a tan sweater and ripped black jeans with combat boots.

I didn't realize I was staring until he was waving his hand in front of my face. Shaking my head, I apologized, and smiled, embarrassed. "Can I come back tomorrow?" The man repeated. "I- yes, of course." I spluttered. He nodded, kissed his finger, pressed it upon the grave he was visiting, and said "Goodbye, mother."

sorry for the short chapter. next one will be longer. MUCH longer. like hopefully 1000 words instead of 300.