Chapter 1 - Base Camp

The world wasn't always the way it was now. The world actually used to be peaceful and calmer than it is today. People got along for the most part and only sometimes people would fight. Crime was also lower back then compared to now. Over all, the previous world was much better than this one to put it simply. The world now consisted of flesh eating dead people who cannibalise anything organic with no hesitation. Dead or alive. Food and water are now scarce and even people are now hard to find. Especially people who are friendly.

You are only alive to this day because of your father. His name was Y/F/N and he died saving you. A few years earlier you and your dad had met up with another group. They were nice and caring people who had fortified a gas station. Unfortunately things never last. One day everything went to hell. A man in a blue truck named Nate pulled up and started to shoot the entire group. You, your dad and the group fought back but lost. Everyone else had died and your father had been struck by a bullet so he couldn't run away with you. Y/F/N told you to never forget him or the survival skills that he taught you. Then he made you run away while he sacrificed himself so Nate couldn't finish you off.

A hand then shook your shoulder which brought you out of your thoughts. You looked up to meet the eyes of Vince. Vince was also another reason why you were still alive to this day. A few weeks earlier you were scavenging an abandoned building near a highway. Unfortunately the dead had you trapped inside and you had ran out of bullets. Vince and a guy he was travelling with called Justin managed to save you from the walkers and brought you to their temporary base for protection. You never got to know Justin that well because he ditched the two of you to try and find a growing settlement that welcomed survivors. You and Vince only heard rumours of that place but Justin still left and he even took most of your weapons and supplies with him. You haven't seen Justin ever since.

Vince on the other hand still let you stay with him even though he was now low on weapons and supplies. The two of you kept moving and always looked out for each other. Vince had become a brother figure to you and you had also become one to Vince as well. You and Vince met up with Bonnie, Wyatt and Russel six days after Justin's departure. They let you guys stay after Vince explained his and your story.

"Since it's getting dark, I think you should head in for tonight" Vince said. You sighed but still nodded your head. "Fine" You groaned and got up from the beach chair that you were sitting on. "Come on! Don't be like that Y/N. Anyway you'll need it for tomorrow. We're planning on going out to the roads to hopefully collect gas from the cars" Vince stated. You knew Vince was right so you just nodded your head and went to the tent that you were sharing with Vince. Inside the tent were two makeshift beds. The one on the right was smaller than the one on the left since it was yours and Vince was obviously taller than you.

You took your glock 19 out of your gun holder and set it down besides your head space. You kept your hunting knife in your other holder because it is always dangerous to sleep outside in these times. Also you always want to protect yourself. Vince poked his head through the entrance of the tent. "I'll be back in a bit. I'm just gonna recount our supplies with Bonnie and I'm also gonna have to put out the fire later" Vince uttered. "Sure. See you in the morning" You replied and lied down on your bed. "Goodnight Y/N" Vince smiled and left. You didn't respond because you were already fast asleep. Looks like you were tired after all.