Before you go

DAFIL ODAIR

Silas runs his hands gently over my bare stomach, pressing a soft kiss just above my navel. His hands are familiar and his lips are warm. They move to grasp at my hips where he blows a soft raspberry against my skin. I offer a breathy little laugh, running my fingers through the long, silky strands of hair at the top of his scalp, admiring the way the sunlight makes his dark eyes the shade of milk chocolate. 

        He lays his head tenderly on my abdomen. "When are you going to start decorating the nursery, Daf?" He murmurs, staring out the bedroom window.

        I sigh, running my eyes over the mint green paint on the walls. "It's only been eight weeks, Silas. We still have some time."

        I feel his cheek shift in a smile. "I know, but I want you occupied while I'm away."

        "Are you sure it's not because you're excited?" I tease, tugging at a tendril of hair.

        "I might be." He admits, lifting his head. His eyes glint with mischief.

        "I'm a big girl, Silas. I don't need to busy myself with the boring things while you're out on club business." I say stubbornly, caressing the warm skin of his cheek.

        "Oh, believe me, Daf. I know you're a big girl." He rises up to kiss me hotly on the lips and pulls away before I can reach up to hold him in place.

        What a little tease, I think to myself and I know he can see the disappointment in my eyes. It fuels his ego, the arrogant little bastard.

        "I'll be back in two days." He says with a smug smirk as he rolls off the bed. He reaches for his leather vest on the back of the chair.

        "I love you." He says, but he's staring at the patches sewn into the leather, running his thumb over the one that reads 'President'. But I know what he means.

        "I love you, too." I answer.

        He offers me a slight, considerably less smug smile. "Archer is gonna keep watch over the house while I'm gone. He's in the living room if you need him." 

        "I thought you'd need your V.P. for this one." I say with furrowed brows.

        "No, I'll be fine." He shakes his head as he threads his arms through the sleeves. "I trust him more than anyone to look after you."

        He moves to the door and turns to playfully blow me a kiss. 

        "Don't miss me too much." He says with a wink. I roll my eyes

        "I'll try desperately not to." I drawl sarcastically.