Ch.6: Love (part 1)

Dame Morningstar

Dame Morningstar.

I am superior, I know that.

The demons, or even the sinners, avoid being near me. They know they shouldn't walk beside or ahead of me. It's like an unwritten rule here in Hell. They don't mess with me either. They don't dare talk or look me in the eye; they know they should lower their heads in my presence. And that has been the case for almost a century now.

So, I don't get where this damn old ferryman got the audacity to annoy me.

"Dame..."

I glared at him, but it didn't affect him; he continued rowing.

"I won't bother to talk with you, so just don't open the topic," I said coldly to him. He paused in rowing and laughed at me. The audacity of him to laugh! How dare he mock me!

What's funny about what I said??

"And also, I don't bother to sink into the 3000°C part of this damn Acheron River just to shut you up," I told him. He just shrugged. I'm almost at my limit. I want to end him.

"I noticed you don't come to Hell as often. You're frequently at that Minter Motel. You're not forgetting that your work is in here, not there, right?" he said, turning to look at me. I looked around the river, observing the sinners drowning, screaming, and begging for help before speaking. The Archeron River had a nice view that I usually admired to stay calm, but now I'm getting mad because of this Charon.

"Just managing my own Hotel. What's wrong with that?" I retorted irritably. He faced me, looking serious. I met his gaze using my abyss-like eyes. Why does he make it an issue that I work at Minter Motel as if it wasn't Dad's order?

"With your President always by your side? Oh... You know, that's bad."

With my Nari?

Because of what he said, I ignited the entire river, then looked at him with fire in my eyes and my aura. I had enough of this.

"Don't you know my existence here? We're in hell, jerk. I'm ahead of you, and just to inform you, I can send you to all circles of hell. Which do you prefer? Clockwise or counterclockwise?" I asked, smirking.

"We're here, Dame. Drachma, please." I paid him and walked out before he spoke again.

"Yes, I know that we're in hell, Dame. We belong only here. And here, love does not belong. Love is just poison that will bring you down. Beware, did you ever learn a lesson before? She might have ended up like that angel back then." I clenched my fist in frustration. I hate it when they bring up the topic of her.

There was a beautiful angel who enters hell and makes us believe that the Almighty tosses her from Heaven to spy. I loved her. She uses me, but she said she regretted it in the end. So I helped her to escape hell but we failed. Dad's plan for her was to shape her into a demon and bring her back to Heavens to spy too. But things went differently when I fell for her.