Chapter 1

As Jeraldine flew over the grasslands in Africa, a sinkhole opened up and she had to go and check it out. There was a new, sort of sweet smell coming from the hole. As she flew closer and closer to the sinkhole, she realized that it was leading to another world. She flew down to it and was sucked in.

As she looked around, there were flowers, yet burned down trees everywhere. As Jeraldine observed her new surroundings, she noticed smoke everywhere in the sky.

There were fire breathing dragons all around. She had never seen so many. She had always been the only fire breathing one, she always wanted to know others like her, and now they were everywhere. The thing that she had always wanted, she finally had: a family.

Jeraldine, being a shy dragon, knew that she was going to struggle to make friends. Yet a young dragon, a little younger than she was, approached her and asked for her name. She told the little one her name and found out that his name was Marvin.

Marvin showed Jeraldine around and she finally felt as if she was home. She saw so many new things. He showed her the fiery grasslands that never stopped burning. He showed her the enchanted lake, where they go to get all of their water. The lake was glowing from the bottom and Jeraldine wanted to know what it meant. And finally, he showed her where they lived. They lived in gigantic eggs, but not eggs, but things shaped like eggs hanging in this huge cave. She was astounded...