SHORT STORY

---RDL PRESENTS---

•••
Life had became unfair but instead of being ungrateful he remain thankful...

But why?

🖤

REMAINING DAYS LEFT
Written by: JNNMOC

Kino take-care at school and be good.” Mrs. Robles tap his head as she reminds Kino.

“Yes mom, I’ll will.” Kino wave his hand as he walk inside his school.
Kino is such a lucky kid to his have his parent because even though he doesn’t grew up with a wealthy family still his parent do all things in order to send him into a good school.

In return of his parent sacrifice Kino did his best to excel at school.

To excel in school or either do his best is not the basis to acknowledge your worth.

Everyone in school despised Kino for studying at the same school as them. They treated Kino unequally based on their standards because they though Kino was just an ambitious kid dreaming to level with them and their wealth.

“Why are you still here? Shame on you for studying in our school.” Some boys of his grade yelling at disgrace to embarrass Kino in front of many people.

But instead of defending or helping Kino of his embarrassment, everyone just laughed and seems not to care.
Kino just bows and hides his face from embarrassment. Instead of fighting back, he just keep silence as he always do.

In returning home, Kino asked his mother if he can transfer to another school were a boy like him should study.

“Why?” Kino’s mother asked out of the blue. “Is everything not alright or do you have any trouble at school?”
Kino just was kept in silence before answering his mother’s question.

“It’s not like that mom, it’s just we hardly pay for my other fees at school even though i am a scholar.”
Kino’s mother smiled weakly and looked at into his eyes and sincerely said that, “You are a smart kid Kino but you don’t have to worry about that, we are your parents all we will do anything to provide you with the best and beside, we are so much lucky to have you as our son.” Kino burst into tears as he hugged his mother. “Thanks mom”.

In the following day, Kino is back again in school. Even though everyone is still annoyed with his appearance, Kino just ignored them to prevent more trouble.

“What now Kino? Still not talking? Do you think i will pity you?” said by the boy named Josh
“Stop, it I am not buying into it.” For the first time in his life Kino defended himself from the hands of others.

“Are you fighting me back now?”  Josh said in a loud voice as he pushes Kino so hard.

Kino accidentally lay down on the floor after he was pushed so hard by josh.  One teacher rushed to Kino and immediately helped him up.

“Kino you’re alright?” Miss Diaz ask

“I am okay Miss Diaz, Thanks for the help”
After the teacher made sure that Kino is fine, she immediately faced Josh who was right standing right behind her.