Lilo & Goku

At the United Galactic Federation headquarters, an evil genius named Dr. Megamind was on trial for his latest discovery—a little Saiyan from Earth called Kakarot, the son of the late Bardock and his wife Gine. This dangerous new creation had superstrength and superspeed, and it could destroy entire cities.

The Federation's Grand Councilwoman arrested Dr. Megamind and banished Kakarot to a deserted asteroid. But Kakarot escaped the guards and flew away in a police cruiser!

Meanwhile, on an island of Hawaii, a young squirrel girl named Lilo struggled to fit in. she often fought with the girls in her hula class, and she didn't always get along with her older sister, Nani, who took care of her. Lilo was lonely. All she wanted was a friend.

One day, a social worker named Cobra Bubbles arrived to check on Lilo.
"I'm the one they call when things go wrong," Mr. Bubbles said to Nani, looking around the messy house. He gave Nani three days to show him that she could take good care of her little sister, or Lilo would be taken away. After Mr. Bubbles left, the sisters got into a big argument.

Later that day, Lilo and Nani apologized to each other. Lilo told Nani about her fight in class that afternoon.
"If you promise not to fight anymore, I promise not to yell at you," Nani said. Lilo agreed, and hugged her big sister.

As Lilo got ready for bed, she spotted a flash of light in the sky. It was a falling star! Rushing to her window, she made a wish.
"I need someone to be my friend," she said.

The next morning, Nani took Lilo to the animal shelter to find a pet. Lilo chose a strange-looking hairless-tailed monkey boy and paid two dollars to adopt him. She named him Goku. What Lilo didn't know was that Goku was really Kakarot! The shooting star Lilo had seen the night before had been Goku's ship crash-landing on Earth!

Goku was hiding from Dr. Megamind and Agent Minion, the Council's Earth expert. They had been sent to recapture him.

Lilo showed Goku around her town, but he destroyed everything he touched. He even got Nani fired from her job! Furious, Nani wanted Lilo to take Goku back to the shelter.
"What about 'ohana?" Lilo cried. "'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

Nani sighed. Lilo could keep Goku, but he needed to behave better.

In Lilo's room, Goku started ripping pages from her books. But then he saw one that made him stop it was The Ugly Duckling. He took it to Lilo.

"He's sad because he's all alone and nobody wants him," Lilo explained. "But on this page, his family hears him crying, and they find him. Then the ugly duckling is happy because he knows where he belongs."
Thoughtfully, Goku took the book and crawled into his bed.

The next day, Lilo tried to teach Goku to be less destructive while Nani looked for a new job. Following the example of Lilo's hero, Elvis Presley, Lilo showed Goku how to dance, play guitar, and put on a show.

But even though Goku tried his hardest to be good, he still caused chaos everywhere they went.

Nani's friend David took them all surfing to try to cheer them up. They had so much fun—even Goku. He had been scared at first, but he soon enjoyed riding the waves and feeling like he was part of the group!

Suddenly, Dr. Megamind and Agent Minion appeared in the water and grabbed Goku, dragging him and Lilo under the waves. Luckily, David saved them. But Mr. Bubbles saw everything from the shore. He told Nani she would come back tomorrow morning to take Lilo away.

Goku felt terrible. He hadn't meant to hurt Lilo's family. But where was his own family? Were they out there somewhere, looking for him? He needed to find them.
"Our family is little, but if you want, you could be part of it," Lilo said sadly as she watched Goku leave.

Goku walked into the woods with Lilo's copy of The Ugly Duckling. He opened the book to the page where the duckling was standing alone.

"I'm lost," Goku whispered.

The next morning, Goku left the forest to return to Lilo's house. But Dr. Megamind and Minion found him and tried to capture him! Goku and Lilo escaped, but the house was wrecked. Mr. Bubbles arrived just in time to see the destruction.

Lilo ran off into the woods. Goku caught up with her and revealed that he was really a Saiyan.
"You ruined everything!" she cried.
Just then, head Federation Guard Captain Gru caught them both! Goku managed to get away, but he was blasted off Gru's ship before he could free Lilo.

Dr. Megamind and Agent Minion found Goku and tried to take him. But Nani and Goku convinced the other aliens to help them save Lilo. Using Dr. Megamind and Agent Minion's ship, the group raced into the sky to rescue her.
Goku launched himself onto Captain Gru's ship and freed his friend.

"You came back!" Lilo shouted.
Goku hugged her. "Nobody gets left behind," he said.
Then they jumped off Captain Gru's ship!

Mr. Bubbles, the Federation Councilwoman, and her guards were waiting to arrest Kakarot.
"This is my family," Goku said, hugging Lilo goodbye. "It is little and broken, but still good."

As Goku walked sadly toward the ship, Mr. Bubbles had an idea.
"Lilo," he whispered, "didn't you buy that thing at the shelter?"

Lilo ran up to the Councilwoman. "Three days ago, I bought Goku at the shelter. If you take him, then you're stealing!"

The Councilwoman decided that Goku's sentence could be served out on Earth. She placed Goku, Lilo, and Nani under the protection of the United Galactic Federation, and Mr. Bubbles agreed to watch them. Lilo and Goku could both stay with Nani!

At last Lilo had a friend, and Goku had a family. And they both finally had a place where they truly belonged.

—The End—