one

Lee Hyejin sits down comfortably in a chair by the corner of her school library, setting her bag down by her side. She pulls out a very small hard cover book, with 'The Pearl' written with bold lettering in front of an ocean blue background and removes her red and black bookmark from the middle. This dusty part of the library smelled slightly old, stale paper; a recognizably soothing aroma that most readers adored. The girl picks up reading from where she left off, submerging herself into the world of the fiction.

Everything around her lightly played in the background as her eyes continued to skim over the words, imagining each description vividly. The world she engulfed herself in every day was always there for her; it was nice and peaceful, never causing problems for her life unlike reality.

She hadn't noticed the pounding footsteps around her. When she did, her mind easily shut them out so she could continue reading undisturbed.

She only looked up from her book when a handsomely-cute boy with light brown hair threw himself onto the seat in front of her. His breaths were loud and audibly shaky. Nervously, he looked around, as if he was expecting someone to come up behind and snatch him away. He seemed let out a sigh of relief when he saw no one other than Hyejin.

"Uh... You need something?" She questions cautiously, lowering her book.

He pulls up his the hood of his jacket before speaking, avoiding eye contact. "Can- um... we, pretend to be dating- for, like... just... a second?" He whispers. "I just need help... Please, I'm trying to-" The boy cuts himself off.

The girl giggles awkwardly. She must've misheard what this stanger was saying. "I'm sorry?" She asks, eyebrows furrowing in cunfusion. She was sure he did not just ask for her to be his... girlfriend? 

"I'm in a tough situation right now..." He rubs his face in frustration, facing downwards towards the table. What the fuck is going on?? Hyejin thinks. The boy looks up, "For five minutes. Could you... pretend to be my girlfriend," he looks around hazardly again. "I'm so sorry, but... please." 

Shock isn't a big enough word to describe how the girl was feeling at this moment. But a free boyfriend for five minutes? How could she decline the offer? Hyejin smiles softly before speaking. "Say no more," she smirks as she takes one of his hands and intertwines their fingers.

The boy brings his other hand up to his face, covering the soft ruby colour spreading across his velvety cheeks, only clightly raising to his brows. "Thank you... so much." He says, avoiding looking into her eyes.

"Don't thank me," she begins tracing circles in the boys sweaty hands with her thumb. "I... feel you?"

The boy perks up, his teary, scared eyes darting at Hyejin's facial features. "But... how though? I haven't even explained-"

"I just get the situation you in." She didn't want him to talk too much; he didn't look to be in the right state of mind for social interation. "Well, no-" Hyejin bites her bottom lip trying to rephrase her words. "I think I understand how you're feeling."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Kinda been there, you know? Done that." She says, starting to take in the boys features.

His delicate deep-brown monolids seemed wide open with adrenaline giving him a soft puppy-like aura. His head a small triangular shape, the soft rosy lips of his moved to the side of his face as he nibbled the inside of his cheek. He had light black circles under his watering eyes and his dark brown hair is disheveled beyond Hyejin's comprehension. He had patch of light red spots near his left eye, slightly covered by his messy hair. 

His face fit together wonderfully. Nothing seemed out of place in his face— and nothing was. His face is what you can describe as perfect. Even his flaws, somehow made his face look closer to perfection.