Y/n sighed as she walked through the hole Daryl had made in the fence.

She yelped, yanking her leg away from the sudden grip on it, and stabbed the walker in the head with her knife, sighing. She walked out of the overgrown grass and towards her teammates, eyeing her leg when she felt uncomfortable.

She froze, a two pink scratches visible on her bare ankle. Glenn called out to her from farther ahead, and she inhaled sharply.

She pulled on the end of her pants and put her knife away, holding her gun-which was strapped to her- closer to her chest.

"Hey, you okay?" Glenn asked, finishing up adjusting the plastic cover on the supplies in the back of the truck.
"Yeah. Let's go tell Maggie about the special thing we found, ay?" He nodded to her briefly before she went around the truck to go get Daryl with a hard look on her face.
Glenn could tell something was eating at her, but figured maybe it was just her usual self. She'd been with Daryl for who knows how long anyways, you couldn't question it if you knew.

-

"Y/n.."
The survivor looked out the window with her hand on the top of her head as she stared blankly, a bead of sweat rolling down her face as all she could hear was her own breathing.

"Y/n." Daryl said sternly, nudging her. She looked at him with a straight face, wiping the bead of sweat and clearing her throat when he was silent. "What.." she whispered, the sun beginning to go down ahead of them.

"You're out of it girl.. don't go fainting in the middle of a run alright.."
"We're done anyways." She whispered and pulled up her hood, facing away with a hard swallow. Her eyes began to water, but she didn't say anything and neither did Daryl, who furrowed his eyebrows.

-
A few hours later.

Y/n was pushed onto her knees by some dickwad with a big gun, directly after arriving home from the run into the town nearby.

She looked to her left with a clenched jaw, something she did a lot these days- and Daryl was beside her on the ground too. Glenn was to her right, but she didn't try to talk to either of them.
Daryl gave her a silent look, holding up two fingers when the people behind them weren't looking, and pointed to something. She followed the look, gripping her knees.

I have a knife on me. They didn't check my fucking pants so I've got my knife on me. I can't believe that worked.

A man walked across the rocks, boots crunching loudly compared to the silence until the trucks behind her group started up and turned on their headlights.
He was saying something cocky, and obviously he was trying to scare the shit out of them. It seemed to be working for most.

Y/n had to squint, looking up at the figure. She felt so disoriented, and sick.
Fuck.

She looked to Daryl again, and he looked red in the face, like he was going to pounce any second. He didn't have a damn thing on him though.

...what have I got to lose anymore..?

Y/n slowly and carefully reached her hand behind her, sliding her knife out of the back of her jeans, and Daryl glanced at it as it reflected light into his eyes. Someone spoke behind her, and then said something in alarm, and she attacked right then.

All she heard was multiple people shout something at her as she managed to knock the man down in the dark, then kneeing him hard in the stomach and kneeling on him, knife to his throat.
The barb wire covered bat rolled away from him.
"DONT SHOOT OR ILL SLIT HIS THROAT." She yelled, a drop of sweat beading down her forehead as she glared down at the man, her knife brushing against his stubble and skin.
"LOWER YOUR-" her voice cracked and her eyes had to close for a second as she almost swayed.
"LOWER YOUR GUNS AND LET US GO!"