Once Upon a Girl Next Door [MWL One-Shot Contest entry]

This story takes place long after the words 'THE END

------------------

   It was prom night. It was the usual scenery - people dancing, eating, having fun etcetera etcetera...

My name is Julie Ann Jones, attending prom with...Laura, Jason, well of course they're with Jordan and Helen...and I'm with my boyfriend, Evan Woods.

  I was wearing a tight blue dress, not that simple yet not that elegant, that reached just above my knee. My hair was curled to perfection by none other than my bestfriend Laura. Oh and it's her fault I'm actually wearing a pair of heels. She said it was just once and I had nothing to lose. I hesitated at first but she held captive of my Ruffles! It's on oh it's on...

   Laura, on the other hand was wearing a somehow semi-gothic elegant mid-thigh dress. It was a black laced dress on top and a yellow dress beneath. Helen wore a creamy one that also fell mid thigh. Do I really have to describe everything? Let's skip to the males. Of course, Evan wore a black coat, black pants and a black shirt underneath. It made his skin look more creamier than ever. Jason wore a black coat with matching pants and a maroon plaid shirt beneath. It reminds me of his cute personality. And finally Jordan, he was wearing a glossy navy coat and pants, a white shirt and a matching tie.

"See 'ya around", I said to Laura, winking.

"Oh c'mon don't you want to have fun? It's just one hippy dance" she said acting like a toddler.

"Hmmm maybe later" I said turning and facing the food table.

"Fine" she grumbled. "Let's go, Jordan" she said holding onto his hand and disappearing into the crowd.

  Like I told you before, I'm not a fan of anything that has to do with physical activities- like dancing. I just want to spend my night chatting, having fun, and eating while not looking like a pig. I took some strawberries and dipped them into the chocolate fountain. Ohh that was kinda good.

"Looks like Mrs. Strawberry found some friends"

   I turned around to see Evan smirking at me. I smirked back and said "Well let me introduce them to you"

   I took a strawberry, dipped it in chocolate and stuck it into his mouth saying "Hey strawberries, say hello to Mr. Strawberry!" I laughed at his reaction and ran towards the crowd.

Oh no...

   I forgot I was wearing heels! Curse you delightful strawberries for distracting me! I lost balance and saw everything in slow motion. I can see people looking my way. Uh oh I broke another record of supreme awkwardness. I'm almost falling, I can see the ground coming. I closed my eyes waiting for anything that could happen. I could almost feel it...But then strong arms wrapped aroung my waist and another behind my knees. I cracked open my eyes to see my night in shining armor, Evan. I was blinking, trying to assimilate what happened. Oh, he caught me. I was extremely blushing, being red as a tomato was an understatement. Aside from almost feeling embarassment, I felt nervous. His face was mere inches away from mine. We locked playful gazes at each other. I was starting to breathe faster. Stupid heart! You're easy to get. I can feel the beating getting faster.

"Get a room!"

I looked to the side and saw Laura and Jordan chuckling.

I opened my mouth to say something but then "Yeah! and use protection" Jason said to the other side with Helen.

   I almost forgot we were in the "center of attraction". I didin't know what to do. Embarassment and awkwardness was filling my veins. I struggled to get loose from Even's arms. I fell to the ground with a loud 'thud'. "Ow" I muttered, ignoring the stares. I quickly stood up and ran towards the garden like a fool.