Ch.1

Ch.1

It's terrifying, all I can hear these past nights are screams, screams of pure agony and pain, pain so vivid that I myself can almost feel it. This is a simple night for my people, people who I only wish to help, but I can't, because of the war against the un-naturals and the naturals, all of our species have dropped rapidly, in some places around Contavia us naturals get along with the un-naturals, but El Shaddai isn't like that, I don't think that we even have recorded history of the species getting along. Thankfully my people aren't all idiots and have formed alliances with some of the other natural species, and otherwise have learned to co-operate with some of the un-naturals as well, the only problem we have currently would be the vampires, our species simply don't interact unless it's a territory hunt or feasting, were the vampires come searching for food, or trying to widen there land's, humans seem to start the attacks more than vampires if I'm being honest, the vampires have tried to sign a piece treaty on over several occasions thru the past 200 years of our recorded history, on several accounts of which humans ambushed there people, even killing there king on one occasion.

I am the famous grandson of Humphrey Buckingham, one of the men most responsible for our ongoing war, His name has been written into our history books as a hero, and in the vampires as a monster. he killed more vampires than anyone else in recorded history, causing a huge dent in their population for over thirty years, becoming one of the wealthiest men in Contavia, His daughter Elizabeth Buckingham was one of the leading lab rats towards the supernatural kind, an amazing woman, but not an amazing mother. I don't even think she remembered my name half of the time, it's hard to miss someone that you hardly knew, although her death did come as a surprise to the country, the town saw it coming, she was trying to find a cure for the turned, people who were born human but turned vampire. Her stupidity got her killed, she herself drank vampires blood, turning her, she had put the anti-vaccine into a needle and administered it to herself in public, she died but not instantly, I remember her flesh slowly peeling away, showing her veins pumping blood around her face, no one dares speak of that incident around the town, I'm almost positive they think I don't know, but I was watching, the window showed a view quite clearly, the only think that I can fully remember was the peeling skin, and the screams. They filled the town, sounding almost in-human, ever since my mother's death my father had been in morning, drinking everything away. so when I heard the screams of the maid and the loud gun shot, I knew what had happened. As I entered the room I inspected the damage, the scene was gory to say the least, the maid's eyes were almost out of her head as she stared at the bloody corps lying on the stone ground, her mouth was agape as I stared, I turned on my, heal and went back to bed. I remember I had slept well that night, my dreams consumed by darkness as my mind could think of nothing.

That was around five years ago, my fathers' desk still stained with his disgusting blood, and my parents' room still empty, aside from the horrible memories that outlined the room vividly. the house almost feeling abandoned if it weren't for me and the few maids that occasionally roam the halls, without the maids, I think I would off gone crazy. Don't get me wrong with everything happening I'm defiantly not feeling 100%, but just having the human interaction is nice, considering that I'm a 16-year-old boy who lives alone, not to mention I'm the air to the Buckingham fortune, and mansion.

I run a hand thru my orange hair, before silently leaving my room. "Orlando, the usual 'm guessin." I turn to my left seeing one of the eldest maids Gloria, her smile faltering with her age, I give her a small smile most likely showing my slightly larger front teeth, she gives me a smile along with a small nod of her head before dawdling down to the kitchens. I respect all of my workers, but there's something about that one old woman that I admire, I've offered her a raise on several occasions, to which she excepted wholeheartedly, I later found out that she donated the decent amount of money to the orphanage. That lady is still as stubborn as ever, working twice as hard as everyone else here despite her clear disadvantage. I begin to scratch at the back of my hand, a nervous habit that I picked up sometime in the last few years, it's become a bit of an issue these past months, I've began to pay less attention to scratching, causing a problem of my skin breaking without me even noticing. The workers gave me gloves to try and cover it up, so people don't start to question it. I grievously accepted .....mostly so that the maid Georgina would shut the fuck up.

I stop looking at my un-gloved hand when I hear a few shallow taps of shoes echoing from the staircase just across from me. My head turns around to face the noise, I see one the younger maids once her face comes to a clear view, I pin it as Jennifer. "Hey, r'lando, here's ya food." I listen closely considering it's hard for me to understands her, she smiles widely handing me the breakfast tray, I gladly except it. "Thank you" I tilt my head down in slight respect, she laughs "s'kay, have a g'day" she turns on her heal leaving me alone again. I look down at my tray, "French toast" I smile to myself before gladly bringing it to my room.

Breakfast as per usual, was amazing. I throw on one of my white button-up blazers, throwing a dark green sweater over the top, as well as some black pants and just some less than casual leather shoes, I decide not to brush my hair, the curls won't go away no matter how much I brush it. I walk down stairs, to see panic in the hallways of my mansion, I figure out the cause almost immediately, hearing bell's and screams from the other side of the wall, I sigh stepping outside to a sight that I'm sadly all too familiar with, I unclip my knife from my belt opening the blade for self-defence, I walk close to the buildings, trying not to become noticed, chances are I already have been, considering the amount of undead that are currently in the town.

It's unlike them to attack during the day, there nocturnal, and from what studies show, the sun tends to blister their skin, causing them to become week and possibly even die. They must have some reasoning for their attack.

I let out a small huff as I see one of the smaller children's bodies hit the wall, falling to the floor leaving a vivid trail of blood on the brick's, she starts crying silently. The tears soon stop as her breath fades out, a lady's scream can be heard from across the street, running, she grips at the small bloody corps. I decide not to intervene.

I feel a slight painful shock on my calf 'shit' there's a small cut carving from the front of my leg to the back, blood starts to trail out of the wound, I roll my eyes, I'm more annoyed that my pants are broken than my skin, if I'm being honest, my frame is hard to dress for so the fact that some of my most comfortable pants are broken does irritate me.

Hearing a subtle thud my head turns in instinct, I see one of the bowmen smile as he shot one of the vampires directly in the shoulder, the vampire who looks around my age stares daggers at the man, before hissing a loud "fuck you" attempting to walk off with a slight limp, the bowmen pulls his arm back in an instant there's an arrow heading directly for the vampire. He winces in pain once again as the arrow hits his torso, he turns around facing the bowmen, "I'm on your fuckin side you piece of shit!" he yell's pain is prominent in his voice, the man laughs readying another arrow.

"stop!" I yell holding the arm of the man not letting him aim directly, the man and vampire look at me in confusion, if I'm being honest I myself have no idea what just happened. I stare at the vampire standing around a meter and a half away from me, his red eye's look almost lost, "what are you doing, get out of here" I scream at the white-haired teen, snapping him out of his daze.

The man who's arm I didn't let go of stares at me in confusion "what was that kid!" the anger is clear from his tone alongside obvious confusion. I stand in my thoughts for a moment "a message, not to mess with us?" it came of as more of a question than a statement, the man nods his head seeming to agree with my supposed 'idea' that I told him.

"Chances are he'l die b'for he makes it back to'is lands anyhow." The man mumbles re-steadying his bow shooting another arrow, the atmosphere of madness grows even stronger as more and more screams of pain are heard around the town. I walk over to the direction of wear the taller male left in, I stare back at the town covered in different shades of red, before looking back at the path. "I'm going crazy, this Village is crazy" I let out a sigh before stepping into the overgrown grass.

I don't really mind if my, absents goes noticed or not, I walk with a slight limp curtacy of the small cut on my leg, I'm sure the vampire is in a lot more pain than I am. Just judging by the screeching he made when he was hit he's seriously injured.

I can't get what he said about being on our side out of my head, he's in a shity state most likely loosing a lot of blood, I and help but belive that the bowman was right about him potentially dying.
If I ever want to find out what he meant now would be an ideal time to find him, I stare at the blood-stained grass, well this isnt exactly gping to be  hard to find him, I let out a small chuckle.

After ealking closed to the grass i notice vivid foot prints in the dirt "stealthy" I roll my eyes, continuing my search for the bleeding being.

chapter one....Idk if it good or not...buy I dont think it's horrible so....