[6] ᴇᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ 2020

Note: Because 2020's been amazing so far, here's an easter special to match 😂

"I gotta go."     "What?"

~~*~~

"I got the eggs and the cookies! Do you have the cake and your suit?"

"Yes and yes!"

"Do you think they'll like it?"

"I'm sure they will babe, this is a really sweet thing you've got all set up. I'm sure the kids will love it."

I smiled as my boyfriend, Alex, placed a soft kiss on my forehead. We were on our way to the local orphanage to throw a special Easter party for all the kids.

We had a whole plan.

Set up a whole egg hunt for the kids after helping them pick out nice outfits from the donation bin. Give them a big lunch with lots of desserts. Then pictures with the Easter Bunny.

And the Easter Bunny's name?

Alexis.

"All right! We're here!"

"Great!"

~~*~~

"Go! Get into your costume! Don't let any of the kids see you!" I pushed Alex out of the dining hall while everyone was enjoying the donated food. He only laughed as I threw him out and tried to compose myself as I returned to the party.

As I walked around to make sure everyone was having a good time, I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Y/n, help me... I need you..."

~~*~~

"Hey, what's up? I'm almost ready, I just need to-"

"I gotta go."

"What?"

Alex was already in the rabbit suit and was only missing the head.

"Katlyn just called me, she just got into a huge fight with Huijun."

"Why does that mean you have to leave?"

"I'm not leaving for the whole afternoon. I'm just gonna pick her up and bring her here! She's getting ready right now and I'll just pick her up and bring her back! I thought maybe helping out the kids will make her feel a little better." The tension in his face lightened up a bit but he still wouldn't look directly at me. I gave him a slight smile as I walked up to him. I moved a piece of hair that had strayed into his face as I gently moved his head to face mine.

"I know you don't really like her," I started whispering gently.

"But she's hurting and needs support. You don't even have to talk to her that much... Just be nice, ok?" He nodded his head before whispering an ok back to me.

I planted a quick kiss on his cheek before grabbing the keys and shouting back.

"I'll probably just miss the pictures and that's it!"

"Wait, what?"

"I'll miss the pictures but I'll be back in time for the end-"

"YOU CAN'T MISS THE PICTURES!"

I stopped in my tracks at the sudden change in his voice and turned to look at him.

He looked desperate. I was confused.

"Why? They're just pictures."

"Uh, well, don't you wanna be recognized for all the help you've been doing?" I scoffed.