CHAPTER 1: Animal

Song: Animal by Badflower
Author's note: You guys really should listen to the song while reading the chapter, or at least listen to it before reading the chapter. I kind of gave the song as the HANNAH ROBLES' theme song so you guys can picture her swag in your minds.

Hannah Robles stepped on the brakes of her black Peugeot 5008 just a few steps away from where the police officers had parked their police cars to closely watch the big mansion a couple of meters from where they had hidden. She stepped out of her car and carefully adjusted her badge by her belt and flipped her notepad as she began to study the appearance of the mansion.

Her co-workers' eyes begin to trail her beautiful being. She was wearing a fitted gray cropped top that gently exposes just a little bit of her belly and emphasizes her gifted breasts; her cropped top was then accentuated by their team's signature black bomber jacket that says "Task Force Icarus" at the back. She completed her outfit with a solid dark-colored denim jeans and a pair of two-inch heeled black leather boots. No wonder her presence always turns her coworkers' heads. Indeed, she was beautiful - she was a mixture of the love of her Kiwi father and her Filipino mother; she was hot, and appealing, and charismatic, and sweet, and kind. She's fair skinned and has an angelic baby face, but also hot, yep, angelic but hot. She's slightly taller than average Filipinas her age, so you would really notice her presence. Her eyes were light brown and her pointy nose complemented her wonderfully formed lips. She was a catch, and everybody wanted to be with her, not just romantically, but also as friends, because her presence really lightens up the mood especially in scenes like this.

"Good morning you guys!" she said in her heavy Aussie accent, pausing for a while, "That sure looks like somewhere you'd hide 21 Billion Pesos." She added, slightly laughing, as she continued to lock her eyes on the mansion and ignoring what her coworkers had replied to her.

'Hmmm. This mansion still stands firm, but is kinda torn up. It almost looks abandoned.' she skeptically thought. She grabbed her binoculars and examined the building ahead. 'There's a car parked just outside, and oh! The lights in the garage are turned on.'

"What's up, detective?" a young policeman about her age came up to her. He was fair skinned, has chinky eyes, and has a beautiful face – you'd almost mistake him for a girl.

"Sup, Blue Skies!" Hannah greeted back. "I think you already noticed the car parked just outside. So I'd tell that the lights in the garage are turned on. And I have a hunch that's probably where the 21 Billion is kept. I say you tell half the guys to circle the perimeter and the other half to come with us, we're going to raid the garage."

"Sure, detective." Blue replied and immediately proceeded to instruct the others.

The police had maneuvered their plan and Hannah, Blue, and the other half had discreetly gone behind the garage door. Blue signs his troop to bang the door in three counts and did so. As the door opened, they had caught the perp in action as he tries to dig behind a brick wall. The other policemen had arrested the criminal and Hannah and Blue proceeded to dig up the brick wall only to find a huge safe with bundles and bundles of drug money.

~~

"Great job, as always, detective!" Captain Ricardo Romero commended her as she entered the Captain's office back at the precinct. "You never really fail to make me proud as your captain. You're really an animal in this." He lightly laughed at his last statement.

"Thank you, sir! I'm just really doing my job, there's really not much special about it." Hannah also replied slightly laughing.

"Ikaw talaga, ilang taon ka na dito sa Pilipinas hindi ka parin talaga marunong magsalita ng tagalog." Captain Romero commented.

"I understand naman po ng konti sir, getting there, getting there." Hannah replied; which sent the two of them laughing.

"Oh, by the way, ready your uniform and your neck for tomorrow. Magrereceive ka na naman ng award galing sa deputy chief. Ang galing galing mo talaga."

"Wow! Bakit naman po there's an awarding pa?" Hannah replied in thick traces of her accent.

"Ikaw ba naman makahuli ng 21 Billion drug money, of course, the department is very proud of that. Bakit kasi ayaw mo magpa-promote? We've been offering you positions in the Strategics Department for two years now." Captain Romero side noted.

"No offense, sir, but I see no fun talaga doing desk jobs. I just wanna get out in the field. It calms my soul."

Her Captain slightly laughed because he knew too well that this was gonna be her answer. He's been convincing her for two years now and she's been answering him the same. "No offense taken. If that's what makes you happy, then sige. Pero I just really wish there could be at least someone who can help you in your work. Another detective, perhaps. Sinosolo mo na lang talaga lahat simula no'ng namatay si Detective Salazar."

"Okay lang naman sa akin sir. Kaya ko pa naman. Besides, the policemen are always down to help anyway."

"Oh sige. Basta kung may kailangan ka, sabihin mo lang sa akin, okay?"

"Yes sir."

"Okay, dismissed."

—————
send me your thoughts 💭