Ronald 《 - 》 Red

《 Ronald- Red 》

I will tell you a little story of what happened to me a long time ago:

I was on my way to the library to study for a maths test I had, the time then was about 22:29.

I entered the building and, of course, it's empty, but where's the librarian? I soon pushed that thought away and continued to walk towards a small corner where there was a brown, rectangular medium-side table with two antique chairs that were opposite each other and a flower printed lamp that let out a warm and comfortable glow.

I studied there for about thirty minutes before I heard a thumping sound and some footsteps afterward from a distance. Removing my headphones, which were blasting music, I waited a few seconds to see who was coming, but nobody came and the thumping and the footsteps stopped. I shrugged and turned to face my books and a pair of emerald green eyes staring back at me. My scream echoing through the place.

"What's wrong with you, Lia?" I asked in a rage.

"Oh, come on, Ronald. It wasn't THAT bad." She said, rolling her eyes. I decided to change the subject, so I asked her, out of pure curiosity, why she had red markers; her reaction was so strange, first, her body stiffened as if I caught her doing some bad stuff, and then she smiled sweetly and said:

"It's a surprise." When she said that something felt off, I couldn't put my finger on it. Her eyes were so emotionless and empty like when you stare at a blank wall.

An hour or so of studying I became quite tired and started to browse the internet. That's when I saw a news article, it was written about a serial killer on the loose. It said:

⟬ IT kills its victims with a hammer or an axe, and when the victims are dead he/she uses a black marker to write on the corpse such as; "I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU'RE A SILENT ONE" or "YOU'RE MY FAVOURITE, I LOVE THE WAY YOU SCREAMED, BEGGING ME FOR MERCY" At the end of each sentence, there's a heart-shaped figure with ❰ LT ❱ in it. ⟭

My face turned pale as I looked up to see "Lia Taylor" smiling from ear to ear.

"You found out the surprise faster than expected."

I quickly glanced towards the exit and took the chance to run. I could see Lia out of the corner of my eye, but I kept running. When I finally reached my house, I locked the door behind me. I frantically called the police and just when I put down the receiver, I heard a knock.

"Hey, open the door. It's me, Samuel." With a sigh of relief, I opened the door, but soon after my heart dropped; Lia was right behind him. Before I could react, Lia smashed Samuel's head with a hammer, then she started walking towards me.

"Don't you worry Ronald, you will be soon at rest." She said, smiling happily. How can she be so cruel?

She managed to tie me on a chair and plan if she should boil me alive with water or with fried oil, then she decided to skin me alive instead and see how long I can last. Lia took the biggest knife she had and dug it through my thighs, just then the door burst open and in came the police, they took her and untied me.

They later found the librarian's dead body in the library, Samuel died in the hospital and Lia was sent to the mental institution where she belonged.

It has been five years since I moved away from that place, that incident felt like it was yesterday. I heard in the news that she has been released with a new name because of good behaviour.

I suddenly heard a knock on the door, I assume it was the pizza I ordered. I opened the door. The pizza lady gave me the packet. I opened the box and time just stopped; in the box lay there a blood-soaked axe and a red board maker. The lady with the baseball cap slowly raised her head for me to see the face that haunts me to this day.

It was Lia: a monster in the form of a girl.