TA

The first time I walked into the lecture, my eyes set on him.

Tall, blonde, buff. Just my type.

"Hello class" the professor began and I reluctantly turned my gaze away from the beautiful male specimen I had been eyeing.

"Welcome to ENG2301! I sincerely hope you will enjoy this class. My name is Andrew Metrou. Our TA is Stefan" he gestured to the blonde boy.

TA? But that means that I can't show that I'm interested in case he thinks I just want a higher mark...

"So the way this class is laid out is that you will have weekly readings which we will read in class for the first hour and a half, and then I will split you in to two groups for the discussion portion. Half of you will be with me and half will be with Stefan."

I perked up.

"Check the class website where I assigned your groups."

I quickly took out my phone and opened the website.

I'm in Stefan's group!

I fight a grin.

***

An hour and a half later, my group is walking to the room where the discussion portion takes place.

There are only 15 of us or so. I take a seat in the front row.

I see him look at me. His eyes move on but keep coming back like velcro.

For the entire hour and a half, my phone stays in my bag and I sit attentively.

At the end of class, I give him a small smile and walk out, his eyes trailing behind me.