What A Wonderful World

(Please play the music while you read. It is important and you'll probably figure it out while you read)

***

I hazily blink my eyes. So tired... I curl in on myself. It's so warm and soft here.

A while later, it could have been minutes, hours or days. It seemed as if there was no restriction of time. I hear something talking above me.

I blearly rub my eyes and look at the voices.

My eyes widen in wonder. Whoa, they're so pretty!

They chuckle. "Thank you child."

My mouth drops open. "You can hear my thoughts? Whoa!! That's so cool!"

They laugh again.

One of them clears their throats. "We are the Valar. You were brought here because you are one of the daughters of Nature. Right now, you are in a coma, However, Nature did not want you to be asleep for another century again, so she brought you here so you could regain your strength and wake up from your coma."

My eyebrows wrinkle in confusion. "But I'm not asleep?"

They chuckle. "No. Our brother, Mandos also known as Death woke you up."

I look around for Mr Mandos. "Thank you Mr Mandos!"

He smiles softly. "You are welcome child."

One of them clears their throat again. "Anyway, our Father, Eru, took a liking to you." He tilts his head. "Apparently you can also hear the song of the universe."

My eyes open widely. "You people can hear it too?"

"Yes."

"Whoa. Ummm.... Is there anyway I can go back home sooner? Not that I don't like you or anything, because I do. Like you I mean. But can you do something?"

They look down guiltily. "Not right now. Unfortunately our powers are rather drained right now from fighting off the evil invading Arda."

I tilt my head in confusion. "Arda?"

"It is a world with many different races. It is also known as Middle Earth."

I blink again, dumbfounded. "Does that mean I fell up or down when you guys brought me here? Because I used to be on Earth. Wait, is there a higher Earth and a lower Earth too?"

They start laughing again. "Neither. You just appeared here. There was no falling."

I nod my head. That makes sense!  Sort of...

I bite my lip. "Well since you guys saved me from dying and you can hear the echos too am I your family now? Because N, well you guys call her Nature told me some... Stuff."
Wow. That was so explanatory Sierra. Great job.

You know, as I got older... I realized that it's true. Family don't end in blood.

"I see no problems with that little one. You are our niece, Nature is our younger sister after all." Mandos says.

"Thank you Uncle!"

They all smile softly. "You are welcome."

One of them clears their throats. "Unfortunately, a mortal can not survive here. When Mandos saved you he also gave you longevity. It can be taken away in the future if you wish to go back to your former home. Our Father, Eru, will take you to Arda until we have enough power to send you back to your former home, or give you the capabilities to stay here."