Prologue

Picking a navy blue button down shirt from his closet, Mykel looked back to Ezra, who was sitting on his bed. Standing up and walking over to him, Ezra smiles and wraps his arms around Mykel's neck and places a soft gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Yes," he says, once he's stepped back again, and he smiles.

"Definitely."

They stare at each other for a few long seconds, unsure of quite the words to say to each other. Not knowing how to begin.

"Well," Ezra says eventually.

Mykel repeats, "well" with a smile putting the shirt on. 

"I guess this is it."

He nods, "I guess it is."

"The last night. Our last night. Our last party." He says, and he tilts his head at him.

"You know it doesn't have to be."

"Mykel..."

"I get it, I get it," he says, putting his hands up in defense. "But you can't really blame me, can you? I mean I still got time to change your mind."

"Only twelve hours," Ezra says, glancing to Mykel's wrist watch. "I can't believe that's all we have left," he sighs.

"But that's only if we don't sleep," Mykel adds.

"I don't think i'd ever choose sleep over you," he tells him, pulling out a piece of paper.

Seeing the paper in Ezra's hand, Mykel raised an eyebrow bringing his eyes to Ezra's. "That better not be a long list with reasons for us to break up!..." he says taking a step back.

"Oh gosh no! Don't be silly. This isn't important. I just found it in my pocket," Ezra laughed and smiled putting the paper away.

Mykel sighed in relief, "thank goodness. I was more worried right there." He checked his watch for the time. "We should get going," he told Ezra.

He looked over at him and nodded in response. They walked out of Mykel's bedroom, hand in hand. They smile and say "later" to the Hidalgo family. Mykel gets his house keys and picks up his skate bored before they step out and close the front door to the house. 

Looking over to his boyfriend, he gives his hand a gentle little squeeze of reassurance. "Trust me," Mykel says "a lot can happen in twelve hours." He smiled.

"Good or bad," Ezra added. Making Mykel sigh as they headed off to the party.