Work Hard. Sleep None.

It was 3 am and Chaeyoung had just finished her shift at the convenience store around the corner from her apartment.

She trudged out of the store after the other worker had come to take over, her eyes already half closed from exhaustion.

Slowly but surely she managed to get back home.

"Oh shit! You scared me Chaeng!" Dahyun exclaimed as Chaeyoung turned the kitchen light on, where Dahyun was getting a drink of water before going back to bed.

"Sorry." Chaeyoung's lifeless reply had made Dahyun soften.

"Have you eaten? I can whip something up for you real quick." The older of the two suggested, watching the younger plop down at the table with a strawberry yogurt drink and consume it all in one go.

"That's okay unnie, thanks though. Goodnight." Her eyes followed Chaeyoung as she threw away the empty bottle and headed for her room.

She was starting to really worry.

Dahyun stared at the door the other girl had just closed and an idea popped into her head as to how she could help her best friend.

Chaeyoung sighed as she slumped down to her desk and prepared to study for the upcoming test she had in only a few hours.

She popped open an energy drink and began to take notes on whatever seemed necessary.

Not even three hours later she was woken up by a voice.

"Chaeyoung-ah, wake up."

Chaeyoung sat up straight and groaned as her bones cracked, she looked down and realized she fell asleep at her desk.

"What time is it?" She asked Dahyun.

"6 in the morning, we have to get ready for class." She patted Chaeyoung on the shoulder, feeling awful for her friend.

They got ready and walked the short distance to camped together.

"Good luck on your test Chaeng." Dahyun waved as they parted ways.

"Thanks unnie." She waved back.

As soon as Chaeyoung was out of sight, Dahyun pulled out her phone and made a call.

"Good morning, Dahyun-ie. What has you calling before school?" The person on the other line said in an accusatory tone.

Dahyun gulped but remained determined.

"Good morning, I just needed to talk to you about something important. Could we get together after my classes please?" Dahyun tried asking in her best aegyo voice.

She heard a giggle and felt relief wash over her.

"Of course, my dubu. I'll pick you up. Now get to class missy!" The person said in a fake angry voice.

Dahyun giggles at the cuteness before saying bye and ending the call.

"I hope you won't be mad at me Chaeng." She sighs and heads off to class.

.....

Around 10 o'clock at night, Chaeyoung had just gotten home from her other job at a nearby cafe.

She dropped all of her things at the door and slumped to the couch, falling on her back, the exhaustion now completely taking over.

"Oh hey, you're home." Dahyun walked through the front door of their shared apartment.

Chaeyoung propped herself up on her elbows and scrunched her eyebrows together.

"Where were you?" She questioned the older girl.