(Q&A) Chapter Fifty-four

Hey guys! A little note from me. The next update (or chapter) from this book will be a Q&A for you guys. So can you guys please leave a comment in this bolded section to make it easier for me to see your questions. (Seeing all the comments unorganized makes me and Baydawn dizzy) I appreciate all of your support for this story!

"I swear, it's always you four who get injured the most," Brookpelt rolled her eyes when she saw Blizzardtail, Wolfspirit, Pricklepelt, and Swiftblossom, stumble into the medicine cat clearing. She gestured to where they should lay with her tail and they obeyed. Warriors with minor scratches and tears were being treated by Baydawn, the small cat handling more tasks than asked for. Brookpelt disappeared into the Medicine Cat's den for herbs.

Blizzardtail plopped down into a moss bed and began to clean himself from the blood. "Congratulations, Pricklepelt! We won the Shiny Shore thanks to you," The senior warrior meowed. Swiftblossom gave the brown tom a gentle lick to his ear, "We're all proud of you!" This seems to boost him a bit. He has been gray ever since Dapplefur ran off, but tonight and tomorrow he would be happier. He deserves it all. 

Wolfspirit let out a purr, "Did you see the look on the deputy's face? I have never seen him so scared in his life!" Nearby warriors who overheard began to chuckle and purr in amusement. Pricklepelt shyly looked down, his tail lashing slowly. "Well," he began, "I guess he didn't see me coming at him. It was either we wait for more enemy warriors or I do something. I wasn't going to wait around, plus, we suffered enough injuries anyway." Wolfspirit and Swiftblossom purred.

Mothnose, who had only a couple of scratches and a strained claw, made her way over to Pricklepelt and purred, "You were very brave tonight." Her tail lightly stroked the bottom of his chin, her brown eyes glinting in affection. Swiftblossom moved her mouth over to Wolfspirit's ear, "Wait, does Mothnose have a crush on Pricklepelt?"

"Now she does," Wolfspirit whispered back to her. They exchanged looks of surprise and amusement before looking back at Mothnose and Pricklepelt. Swiftblossom tilted her head and gently purred. Mothnose is such a pretty cat and she's very nice, too. 

Pricklepelt blinked in pure disbelief, feeling Mothnose's tail underneath his chin, but he only meowed to her, "Thank you, Mothnose! You were just as brave as well; you fought as strongly as a LionClan warrior." Swiftblossom noticed the same glint of affection in his yellow eyes and she nudged her mate. Wolfspirit let out a chuckle and he told the two warriors that were kindly flirting, "You both fought bravely. Mothnose, you can lay in my nest." Wolfspirit was laying next to Pricklepelt and he got up to lay against Swiftblossom. Blizzardtail stifled a chuckle and Mothnose gladly took the nest.

Blizzardtail scooted closer to his two apprentices and lowered his voice, "I did not expect Mothnose to take a liking to Pricklepelt. My sister rarely expressed affectionate emotions..." he told them. Wolfspirit's nose pressed against his father's cheek, "Well, father, sometimes emotions can be hidden well then released at the right times. I'm sure you went through that, too, with mother?"

Swiftblossom was taken back a bit as she watched Blizzardtail's expression turn bashful. Never in her life has she seen her mentor turn a new leaf. He's always been so straight forward, blunt, and best of all, stone-cold humorous. But Wolfspirit brought out his shy side! Easily, Swiftblossom can see similarities of Wolfspirit's shy expression and Blizzardtail's.

"I can assure you," the mottled tom meowed cautiously, "she was the one who would make the moves. I would be the receiver. And what about you two?" The tom mischievously placed the spotlight on Swiftblossom and Wolfspirit, his blue eyes narrowing. It was Wolfspirit's turn to be shy, but the calico warrior replied cooly, "We balanced it out."