Chapter 1

Water.

Earth.

Fire.

Air.

Stories about the old days are told, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar master of all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the War.

Two years ago, the men of the water tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving Katara and Sokka to look after their tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But Katara hasn't lost hope. She still believes that somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

~100 years ago~

"Avatar Roku, what I'm saying in the next one after you. Will be twins, two half's of one soul. One male, one female." A female said

"I know what you are saying. I just don't understand why. For centuries we've had only one avatar, now we're to have two of them? Why? Twins have never been heard of.." Roku said leaning over at able

"That is not all.." she said

"What else?" Roku asked

"A war is set upon us.. I cannot reveal too much.. All I can say that your death is upon you. Your days are numbered avatar." she said softly

"I don't go peacefully do I?" Roku asked her

"No avatar. I'm sorry." she said bowing to him

Avatar Roku turned around and looked at her,"It's okay, I'm ready.. Thank you." he said bowing to her

They bowed together for a few seconds then they stood straight again, said their goodbyes, and avatar Roku went to his home, he spent all the time he could with his wife until it was his time to go.

Roku was laying in bed with his wife until they got awoken by an earthquake,"let's go!" he said as he grabbed his wife's hand, they run out of their home, Roku airbending smoke and ash out of their way, creating a path as they kept going. He suddenly let go of her hand, motioned her to go on with out him, reassuring her he was going to be fine. She went with many of the towns people. Roku turns to face the increasing smoke, while airbending a protective dome around him.

Firelord Sozin was on his balcony watching the disaster unfold in front of his eyes, even though he was was hundreds of miles away and he was able to feel the rumbling, and the black plums of smoke. 'I have never seen something so catastrophic' he thought to himself

Avatar Roku watched as a lightning hit on the volcano, earth rumbles from the disaster. He earth bends a gigantic wall to meet the falling earth. Succeeding until the volcano ejects a massive wave of lava. The flow breeching the wall of earth. Because of this Roku had to flee to the bottom of the summit. He cuts into the earth using his earthbending, creating a channel to change directions of the lava into the surrounding ocean, away from the town. Succeeding, again didn't last long as the volcano violently expels another giant wave of lava. At an attempt to save the town again, Roku blew a powerful gust of air from his mouth at the lava, which cools and hardens it. Roku lands on it not knowing it wasn't safe. Then suddenly a blast of poisonous gas spouts from his right. In a quick movement he turned away and covered his face. He turns to the jet and airbent. Quickly lava appeared to his right, he then airbent. Swiftly another jet of gases, blasts to his left, in response he airbent that away too.