Introduction, Trailer, and Word Glossary

Trailer by @hopespen (me)

Cover credit to Kitkattish // Banner Credit to @ beauior

╔═══════════════════╗

If everything fell apart, what would you fight to protect?

     Seri is diligent, empathetic, and an optimist to a fault. Azariah is bold, resourceful, and full of power he can't contain.

      Together they are training to join the desert community of the Helis: sacred protectors of the peace on the planet of Solari. With a connection to the crystal Heliocite that gives them telekinetic abilities, they are skilled fighters and often employed by the ruling Chamber of Solari. But there is trouble brewing in the Mining Colonies as civil unrest and greed threaten to bring society to its knees.

        When their world splits in two, they must join a side or be left in the rubble. Seri will fight tooth and nail for the hope she desperately clings to. But as Azariah struggles with his past and the rigid rules of the Heli Sanctuaries, will he give into corruption or use his considerable power to save their society?

╚═══════════════════╝

WORD GLOSSARY + PRONUNCIATIONS

Seri (sehr-ee)

Azariah (az-arr-eye-uh)

Heliocite (heel-ee-oh-site): Heliocite is a crystal mineral found on the planet Solari. It goes as deep as the core of the planet and can be found underground and in the mountains. Heliocite gets its energy from the hot core of Solari. Miner Colonies mine Heliocite for the use of themselves and everyone else. Yellow Heliocite is the most common and used for things like producing small amounts of energy, making fires, lamps, and cooking. Orange Heliocite is more powerful and used for things like powering cities and making weapons. Red Heliocite is the most powerful (and dangerous) and gives Helis their power.

Heli(s) (hee-lee): Helis are people born with the rare ability to connect to the energy of Heliocite, which gives them telekinetic powers. They are protectors of the peace and study for years under mentors in the Heli Sanctuaries. Though the Helis are independent and not technically under the arm of the Chamber, they are still required to follow Solari law and are often used by the Chamber to help enforce it.

Solari (so-larr-ee): A small planet that is mostly desert, grasslands, and mountains, with a few small oceans. Home of the crystal Heliocite.

The Chamber: The Chamber is the ruling government body in charge of all of Solari. It is made up of 40 Chamber Members, with the High Chamber (7 members of the Chamber elevated to a higher power) and the Chamber President presiding. They are wealthy members of society who live in Kilo City, the capital of Solari.

Miners and Miner Colonies: Miners are low-class workers that are essential for the function of Solari. Usually spending their entire (often short) lives mining for Heliocite and precious metals, they typically have pale skin and prefer the indoors. Their Colonies are run down and dark, with an emphasis on the mechanical. There is a Colony Overseer in charge of every Miner Colony, who reports back to the Chamber.