Prologue: Dreams

Prologue

A girl was sitting alone in her room, peacefully drawing with colorful pens and scattered papers. Just then the girl's door busted open as her grandma came back from work.

"YOU!!" The grandmother said aiming her point finger at the girl. "YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT IN THIS HOUSE! YOU LOUSY PIECE OF SHIT" the grandmother shouted, then grabbing the girl's hair. 

Just now, the girl is already crying but she does not utter a word, she stays silent and she will always stay silent. Before anything else started, the grandmother slapped her with a slipper and everything went black, and there Valerie woke up from her slumber. Grasping for every breath as if she was the girl in her dreams, Valerie shuts her alarm and did her morning routine.

Why do I keep having these dreams? As if I lived like that before? But that can't be, I grew up with my mother in Beijing, she raised me well and gave me all the support that I need ever since I was a child. 

Valerie drank her coffee and scrolled through her page as a knock occurred on her door. "Come in!" Valerie state, eyes still on her phone. On the door, their is her assistant in Xin Ye Makeup and Clothing company, also her body guard. Arthur, her guard, bowed down and greeted her.

"Good day, mad'am, your Mother called in today checking on you." Arthur strictly stated. Valerie chuckled and looked at Arthur. "I made you your favorite coffee, just like every morning." Valerie said and Arthur gladly took a sip from the coffee cup. "To be honest, I should be the one worried about my mother in Beijing, she always insisted on working on her flower shop." Valerie pouted and looked at a little table just beside her window, it was the photo of Valerie and Mrs. Xin Ye when Valerie graduated. Valerie smiled remembering that special day. Just then Valerie's smile faded thinking about the girl in her dream just a while ago, making Valerie look at nothingness.

Well, maybe I was the girl? But that can't be, I'm sure it is just one of those nightmares that leads to nothing good. But what if she needs me? Asking me to take care of her grudge? Wait, grudge? That means she's dead?!

 Arthur took her back to reality saying she have a very important meeting later today and that she needs to get ready. 

Valerie went to take a bath while Arthur took care of the dishes.

The day went on but the girl never left Valerie thoughts, even in her meetings but she will not be scared, she will know what is behind this nightmare, and she will fix it, until the girl's grudge is over. Then she thought that no one would believe this none sense, she need to come up with a plan after the summer party event where there are new clothes and makeup to be launch, which they have been planning for half a year already.