XIII. Questions!

Souei looked down at the demon lord, patiently waiting.

"How?" the demon asked. "How did you do that?"

"My skills aren't your concern. Tell me of your people, and what place you believe mine have in your order."

"You can't take the humans away. We need them!"

"Why?" Souei stared implacably at the trapped demon. "Explain," To add incentive, he tightened the threads a bit.

"My people take on traits of the things we eat. We weren't... aware... until we started preying on humans. Without them... We will be reduced to beasts again."

"And this is why we should leave you children to eat?" Souei felt his anger growing by the second. He pulled on another thread, and one of the other struggling demons fell to pieces on the floor. He took two steps to ensure that the middle eye was pierced.

"It is the only recourse we have," the demon argued, "and besides, they're just humans. Who cares? It's the only thing they're good for."

"I come from a place with many different kinds of people. While there is conflict and bigotry, by large the races coexist and respect each other."

The demon snorted. "Absurd. There's no place in this world like that."

"True. Now tell me about your master."

"The queen would kill me if I-" He winced as another of his guards was cut to pieces. "You can kill me. She can do worse."

Souei frowned slightly at this. He wasn't about to torture the demon for information. The notion turned his stomach. Still, Rimuru had asked him to learn what he could.

"If your kind takes on the traits of creatures you eat, do you only eat humans, then? The number processed would suggest otherwise."

"We eat other things," the demon confirmed. "We can pick what affects us, to a degree."

"So, eating chicken doesn't give you feathers?"

"Now, you're just mocking me," The demon growled. "I will tell you nothing more," He closed his mouth and glared at Souei.

After a moment, the spy sighed and gave a hard yank on the thread, killing every demon in the room. That done, he turned and left, moving to secure the facility for his lord.