Shoto Todoroki X Female! Reader (Pt.1)

Today's world...was not like your average world where everyone had equal footing. No...this world, in your eyes, was a world where almost everyone possesses a superpower or uncanny ability of some kind which they can grow and develop.

You being one of those people was currently enrolled in U.A high as a student in general studies. The sole reason you were only placed there due to your under performance at the entrance exam but to you that did matter. You only had one purpose anyway, to leave this place.

Sure U.A. High School was an academy that boasts the best heroic education in Japan and yet took a page from history and segregates its students into sections with the Hero kids being the top and the General studies, management, and support heroes being at the very bottom.

"(Y/N)," Shinsou called out to you as you turned towards him and nodded, "Come eat with me."

You nodded towards him and followed him. When you came to this school, Shinsou was the first person you met. He told you of his quirk and how it is activated. He also told you that because of his quirk, nobody wanted to be his friend because of his quirk and how became resentful of those with Quirks more accepted by society. You soon explained to him your quirk and even displayed it to him at the outskirts and left him speechless. Since then you guys had became close friends.

"You know the school festival is coming soon," Shinsou reminded.

"I know," you replied, "I was hoping to drop out."

"I think you should truly show them your power," Shinsou countered.

"Why should I do that?" you questioned stoically.

"To show them, that not everyone in general studies lack the potential of being heroes-to close the gap."

You looked at him and soon turned my head towards the outdoor campus. This school was a great school and a terrible one at that one.

"How about we train?" you suggested to get your mind off of things.

"Hm..."Shinsou replied with a small smile on his face.

As you both turned the corner, your shoulder grazed the blue uniform coat of a person with an evenly split between two colors hair tone. You didn't pay any attention to him but it didn't mean you didn't see him when he stopped and turned around a bit shocked to see you.

"(Y/N)..."

His eyes widen exposing his Heterochromia to its full intensity into your own e/c. He turned around fully and began to charge towards you until you grabbed Shinsou's arm in your hand and vanished.

You quickly reappeared at Shinsou's and yourself usual hangout during lunch time.

"Y/N...how did he-"

"Shoto Todoroki and I were engaged for a quirk marriage...but because I failed the entrance exam his father dismissed the possibility of us getting married and told my parents that they should be ashamed. Since then, my relationship with my parents were strained and I often don't go home...I mean you should know since I am always at your house."

Shinsou took a seat as you sat beside him and looked out towards the beautiful blue sky.

When I lose my direction, I look up. I trust in the unknown, the way I always have even when I didn't quite know I had your hand to hold.

"It is interesting to know the least that someone with the potential of being one of the top 10 heroes think the way they do," Shinsou said.

"It's just observation, nothing more," you replied as you looked at him and smile, "besides, me ending that quirk marriage is what got me to realize how the world is today and why I think there should be a change to it someone as blessed as those in class 1-A wouldn't understand that...it is why I chose to purposely fail anyway..."