The Dorm Life

After living in your new dorm for about a month, it was finally time to do a deep clean. Since you had a private room, no roommate, you hadn't felt particularly compelled to clean it since moving in. With no weekend plans, you decide it's time to get some work done and start some laundry.

You drag yourself out of bed and start stripping the sheets. You take your dirty clothes and your bedding and drag them all down to the basement of your dorm where the laundry room is. It's only about 9 AM, so not too many people are up and about yet. You put your earbuds in, hoping no one will try to bother you.

There are only a few other people doing their laundry, so you make your way to one of the open ones. You're shoving your laundry into one of the washers when someone taps on my shoulder. You turn around to see a super buff dude behind you, towering over you. He's taller than you, and you look up into his brown eyes. He doesn't have a shirt on and holy shit this dude has muscles. He's holding onto his laundry hamper with one arm and his biceps are practically bulging. You rip your gaze from his muscles before he notices. You take out one of your AirPods and meet his gaze.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but could I steal some laundry detergent from ya? I'm totally out but I absolutely need to get some laundry done."

"I can see that," you say, nodding to his shirtless state. "I have a few Tide pods, how many do you need?"

"Two would be great," he answers. You reach into your plastic bin of pods and pull out two for him. "Thank you so much."

He starts tossing his clothes into the washer right next to yours. "So do you live in the building?" He asks.

"No, I just do my laundry here sometimes," you say sarcastically. you try to sound like you're making a joke, but it comes out a little flat. Having a guy this attractive right next to you has totally caught you off guard.

"Yeesh, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" He asks. He's smiling, showing off his incredibly white teeth.

"Hey, no making fun or I'll take back my Tide pods," you joke, the inflection returning to your voice, back on your game.

He tosses the Tide pods in the washer as quick as he can, flashing a wink my way. "Yeah, I live in the building. I'm assuming you do too?"

"Yeah, I'm up on the top floor," he answers.

"Shit, for your sake, I hope the elevator never breaks," I close the washer, starting the cycle. I turn to him, realizing just how much of a mess I look. I haven't showered or brushed my teeth and this dude next to me was looking like he just walked off the front page of a Hollister ad.

"Eh? Better knock on wood." It takes me a second to clock that he said 'eh' and not 'aye'.

"Eh? Are you Canadian?" I ask, curious.

"I sure am," he answers. Hot and Canadian? Maybe I should end up with him so I could have universal health care. "I'm Shawn, by the way."

After cleaning your room for a bit, vacuuming and dusting, your alarm goes off, signaling that it's time to get your laundry from the washing machine. You're in the middle of moving some of your laundry into a dryer when that tall, curly headed brunette guy comes up behind you. He has a shirt on now, unfortunately, so you can't stare at his rock hard abs, but it's sleeveless so I can still see his tattoos. "I swear you're following me," you say to him, a smile creeping across your face.

"Did you already forget I was doing laundry too?" Shawn says. Shawn leans against the dryer you were using, blocking you from being able to put any more laundry in it. You grab Shawn's arm and tries to push him out of the way. "You gotta say please if you want to use it," he teases.