I wish you would

I wish you would

          I'm sitting on the window seat in my room leaning back on my light orange cushion as I play my acoustic guitar. I'm looking out the window waiting for Dylan, my boyfriend to come to pick me up for my performance at the Lovers Café, downtown where he works at. I stop playing my guitar and look at the watch around my wrist. It's 8:57 PM, and I have to perform at 9:10 PM. "Good God! What's taking him so long?" I mumble to myself. I get up and set my guitar into its black colored case. I walk to the body length mirror next to my closet to look at myself. I look at my brunette hair that's pulled back in a high ponytail as I smooth my black turtleneck sweater that goes with my white boot cut white pants. I stare at my face to see if my light – natural makeup has worn off from all the waiting. For goodness sake, I've been ready from an hour ago and he still isn't here! I hear a car horn beeping!

BEEP BEEP!

I look out the window to see a red jeep convertible waiting in front of my house. I grab my guitar by the handle of the case and rush downstairs. I hear the sound of music coming from the living room.

"Mom, Dylan is waiting for me," I say to my mom who is sleeping on the couch as the TV is playing in front of her. I set my guitar on the floor and I walk into the living room and grab the remote off the side table next to the couch. I press the red button on the top of the remote and the TV screen goes black making the room go silent. I grab the orange throw blanket off the edge of the couch and cover my mom who looks so peaceful sleeping. I tiptoe slowly out of the living room and suddenly the car starts honking once again. I pick up my guitar off the wooden floor and rush to the front door to see Dylan waving to me. I give him the shh sign to tell him to keep it down as I run to his car.

"What's taking you forever?" Dylan starts as I open his car door and get inside next to him.

"What's taking me forever?" I repeat with my eyebrows almost touching one another. He hit the gas pedal. "I was ready a long time ago, where were you?"

"The café was packed today so I stayed working until seven and then I went to take this bad boy to the car wash," he says.

"Are you serious?" I mumble.

"Yeah I am and speaking of the car, do you like the new look?" Dylan says looking at me then back at the street.

I puff, "I don't see anything new. It looks the same as before?"

"What? How could you say that? I changed the headlight colors from golden yellow to pure white," Dylan explains.

"Oh god," I scoff lightly. "How am I supposed to know the difference?"

"Well, of course, you can't tell the difference, but since I'm a car expert, I could know," he says with a smirk on his face.

"Ugh! Then why did you ask?" I mumble.

"Why are you so mad?" Dylan asks.

"I'm not mad, I'm annoyed and upset," I say.

"So basically you are mad."

"Dylan, that's not the point," I say holding my anger back.

"Then what is?" He says as he takes his eyes off the road to look at me.

"I told you to pick me up at eight-thirty and look at the time now," I say.

"How is that my fault?" Dylan lets out.

"What do you mean, 'how is that my fault?' You are supposed to support me and help get to where I want to go. Isn't that what boyfriends do?" I say with frustration.