Mine...

"I'm telling you he was totally checking me out."

"Oh, really? Was he?"

"Yes!"

"With that face? In your dream!"

Vee shook his head while Lee and Tee kept bickering. He tried to focus on the paper in front of him. He didn't have much time left until he had to turn in his project and really didn't have time to listen to his friends-

"Hello, guys."

At the sound of Nuea's voice, Vee looked up to greet his friend. To his surprise he saw Mark standing next to him. The younger boy greeted everyone on the table.

"Oh, Mark," Yiwaa spoke. "How come you're here?"

"I invited him," Nuea answered.

"Why?" Vee asked immediately.

"Why not?" Nuea told him with a laugh. "He's our junior. I want to help him with his studying."

"It's ok, P'," Mark said. "You don't have to. I'll just leave."

"Oi, wait!" Nuea reached out and grabbed Mark's arm to stop him. "Sit down, we don't mind."

Mark seemed a bit hesitant as he let Nuea pull him down to sit at their table.

"Just ignore Vee," Nuea said jokingly. "He's just grumpy because he broke up with his girlfriend."

Mark's eyes immediately turned on Vee. The older glared at Nuea and did to hit him. His friend laughed and apologized.

"Oh, how dare you tease him?!" Lee scolded. "After what he went through?! He's your friend, you should be supportive of him!"

"I'm sorry, my friend," Nuea said to Vee and reached to pat his shoulder.

Vee raised an eyebrow and looked away. Right now he really didn't need to be reminded of Ploy. He shook his head and returned to his paper. He should really finish it.

Nuea noticed Mark's confusion as the younger stared at Vee. He leaned closer to him.

"Ploy was cheating on Vee," he explained as quietly as he could. "That's why Vee had to break up with her."

Mark's eyes widened momentarily. He remembered seeing her at a bar with another man. Was he the one she cheated on Vee with? Was he wrong not to do anything?

Before he could think about it more, Vee shot up from his sheet, slamming his hands on the table. He glared at Nuea.

"I need to concentrate. I'm leaving," was all he said before storming off, not giving his friends a chance to stop him.

The rest of the people there looked at each other.

"Oh!" Yiwaa exclaimed and slapped Nuea's head. "This is all your fault! Couldn't you shut up?"

"I didn't know it would bother him this much!"

"How stupid," Yiwaa commented with a frown. She then turned to look at Mark. "I'm sorry you had to witness that."

"It's ok, P', really," the younger told her with a reassuring smile.

Yiwaa smiled as well and nodded.

"Alright. Now, what are you working on? Is there anything you need help with?"

"Actually, yes. I can't understand a specific part."

Vee sighed. The whole story with Ploy was a mess, it gave him a headache. But he had to focus on his project. He couldn't risk not finishing on time. He walked back to the table where he had left his friends. He was ok now, totally good, no problem. A walk was all he needed to calm down.