TWENTY

Y/N POV

"I love you." I say. 

"I love you." Noah replies, allowing me to let out a sigh of relief and put my head on his shoulder. 

I don't know what I would've done if he didn't say it back. Not only would it be embarrassing but it would be heartbreaking. I've wanted to say that to him forever, but I was alway so scared he wouldn't feel the same. We always show it through our actions, but we've never put it into words until now. For some reason it feels like a weight was lifted off me shoulders now that I said it. My mind immediately goes to Jade. For these past few months I've just been lying to her and reassuring her that it was all fake and putting off telling the truth, but I have to do it now. The more I lie to her the deeper I dig a hole for myself. It's not fair to her to keep the truth from her and she doesn't deserve it. 

"Noah..how am I going to tell Jade?" I ask, sitting back against the seat.

"You tell her how you feel, if she really cares about you then she'll be okay with it." He says simply.

"But I know she won't. Her past relationship ended so badly and she hasn't been able to get over it and it's been a long time. I'm just scared she'll want to end things." I gush.

"Y/n, you can do it. I know Jade and I know how much you two depend on each other. No matter what I know you'll always have her as a friend. Just don't worry about it too much, okay?" Noah says brushing the hair out of my eyes.

I nod and look up at him. We stare into each other's eyes. Noah's eyes are the prettiest hazel color. In the morning when the sun hits them a certain way it's like they're glowing. He stares into mine, neither of us doing anything. I could stay like this forever, just the two of us together with no other distractions. 

This is my happy place. 

*****

THE NEXT DAY

"Did Noah get that for you?" Jade asks, examining my necklace.

"Yeah, do you like it?" I reply, worried about what she'll say.

"Mhm, it's really cute. How are things with him anyway?" Jade asks.

"Oh, pretty much the same. Ebony's still annoying him so I figured I'd stick around for a while longer. We're pretty good friends by now. The three of us should hang out sometime." I lie.

"We should, that'd be fun! Luke should come." Jade says smirking.

"What?" I ask, confused at what she was hinting at.

"Oh, well I just thought that when things with Noah end you could get with him. He's been really sad lately.." Jade says, smiling sweetly.

"You're crazy, me and Luke would never work out. Besides, Noah needs me." 

"But he won't need you forever, it's all fake. Luke isn't though." Jade reasons.

"Luke and I would fight constantly if we were ever together. Plus, what happened to the no boys rule?" I ask.

"Well I thought we could lift that for a little bit, especially for Luke."

"Really?" I ask excitedly. Does this mean she'd be okay with Noah and I?

"Yeah, Jake and I have been talking and things are kind of getting serious." Jade says, smiling at putting her face in her hands.

"What! That's amazing! Does that mean you'll finally date him?" I ask. This is so surprising, but it's the best surprise. 

"I think so. He actually treats me like I should be and he's adorable and sweet..he's just perfect." Jade says with a huge smile. I can't believe this is happening.

"I can't believe you're dating again. You two are so cute together." I tell her. I'm so happy she's happy.

"Aww thanks. You and Luke would be cute." She says, lifting her eyebrows and smirking.

"For the last time, no!" I say jokingly as the two of us laugh.

*****

After Jade and I left school yesterday, I was thinking about actually telling her the truth for once. Since she lifted the 'no boys' rule she's been so happy and nudging me to date again. But how do I tell her I already am? Now I don't think she'll be mad I'm dating Noah, I think she'll be mad that I lied to her for so long. Even though the situation just got slightly better, it's still awful. I've tried talking to Noah about it, but he doesn't understand how mad Jade is going to be. The only person that would understand this is Luke. Luke and I haven't really talked since the whole apology thing, but I know we're on good terms. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and talk to him for once. 

I'm definitely not going to date him like Jade wants of course, but maybe he'd have some good advice. 

Hopefully.

a/n -

golden by harry styles is a bop and that's it.

<3 lilia