1of1

It was supposed to be an easy case, caught their suspect red-handed after the first murder, and now they're on his tail which led to an abandoned building on the outskirts of Los Angeles. Lucifer wasn't amused at the fact that the warehouse was filthy and was ruining his leather shoes so he wasted no more time and caught up with the bastard, pinned him to the ground while Chloe supplied the handcuffs.

"Now can we get out of here? It's too musty and I can't think!" He then smacked the head of their suspect which earned him a frown from the Detective. "What? He was asking for it the minute he led us here. Tss."

Suddenly, the ground started to shake and the walls started to crumble. Then the ceiling collapsed and Lucifer, ever the agile being pushed Chloe and the suspect away.

Chloe regained consciousness, coughing as the dust settled on her surroundings. Roger Edwards, their latest catch, lay face down and motionless yet seemed to be in good condition despite the obvious cuts on his face. The blonde had already secured him with the cuffs earlier so she's confident he won't be able to escape and then turned her attention towards the spot where Lucifer should have been.

"Lucifer!" She called out.

"Here, Detective." The consultant's voice was a little faint but he'd stand out anywhere so she carefully made her way and let his voice guide her to him.

"There you are," Chloe sighed, somewhat relieved.

"Here I am," He answered back playfully, downplaying the situation like always. Although he could tell his partner was worried.

"Listen, uh, I can't move this debris on top of you," She started and paused, "and you really shouldn't move. I don't know how hurt you are and I don't want to aggravate any injuries you may or may not have sustained."

"Pfft." Lucifer huffed, "of course I could move this large piece of concrete slab with my bare hands, Detective. What do you take me for?" He replied, conveniently ignoring the part about the injuries.

"A-are you sure? I don't recommend it,"

"Just give me a second,"

Lucifer placed his hands on either side of the debris and started pushing it off of him, grunting as he struggled to break free. Now, this would have been a lot easier if the Detective weren't around to block his invulnerability...Well, there's no use in dwelling on what should and shouldn't be.

xxx

Earlier that day, Chloe groused when she heard her phone's incessant ringing. She blindly reached for the offending item beside the night table, reaching over Lucifer's favorite side of the bed. The Devil didn't even move an inch like he was dead to the world. And the Detective, meanwhile, tapped the green icon on her screen with one blurry eye opened and pressed it to her ears.

"Hello?" Her voice was groggy but she didn't care.

"Detective Decker, I'm Detective Matias from the Narcotics Department," He's not even done talking yet when she interrupted.

"It's supposed to be my day-off today, Ed. Can't you get someone else?"

"Yeah, I know, Detective Decker. But we really need you to come down as soon as possible. I'm so sorry."

Chloe couldn't help but sigh in resignation. However, duty calls.

"Alright," The blonde ran her hands over to her face and continued, "I'll be there in 45 minutes, 1 hour tops."

"Thank you, Detective."

"Don't thank me yet,"

The call dropped and another sigh escaped her. Chloe had been considering early retirement ever since she and Lucifer got together. Though at the moment, the sense of justice weighed more than a quiet life. Maybe there's a right time for that, too. Right now, she needs to get moving. And also haul the sleeping Lord of Hell along.