TWENTY ONE

i don't remember who but someone asked what luke looks like so, i imagine young francisco lachowski as him so yeah 
please notice - christian leave 

Y/N POV

"Y/n, how nice to see you!" Mrs. Phillips, Luke's mom, says as she opens the door for me.

I smile sweetly at her and she hugs me before letting me in. The house smells like fresh baked cookies, which is what it's smelled like for years. Luke's mom has loved baking for as long as I can remember, so her house always feels so homey and welcoming. Mr. Phillips gives me a little wave and I can feel Mrs. Phillips hand on my back as she leads me to the kitchen.

"Here, have a cookie." She says, handing me a perfectly made cookie.

"Thank you." I say as I take it. 

"Luke should be up in his room. Do you plan on staying for dinner?" Mrs. Phillips asks.

"Oh, probably not." I reply, smiling.

Mrs. Phillips nods her head and I turn to the staircase. I haven't been here since Jade and I found Luke with Ebony, but I've missed it so much. Jade and Luke's places are like another home to me and their families are the nicest people. Just like Noah's family. The Schnapp's have been so open and kind to me that it amazes me how lucky I am. I find my way to Luke's room and knock.

"Come in." Luke calls from inside and I open the door to him laying on his bed. 

"Hey." I say walking in and dropping my bag by his door and sitting at his desk across from him.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Nothing, just wanted to talk. Did Jade tell you about her and Jake?" I ask sort of excited.

"Nope, what happened?" He asks, putting his phone down and turning his full attention to me.

"She told me things are getting serious, like dating." I say with a smile.

"Wait, for real?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, she seemed actually happy about it for once." I reply.

"But what about that stupid 'no boys' rule she made?" He questions.

"She said she's lifting it, which I think is a big step from her hating all men." I say laughing. 

"Wow, never thought that would happen. Is she okay with you and Noah then?" Luke asks taking me off guard. I keep forgetting no one else knows it's supposed to be fake except for Jade.

"Um, well that's sort of supposed to be fake." I say sheepishly.

"Wait, what do you mean?" 

"Yeah, um, so I'm supposed to only be dating him because Ebony wouldn't back off." 

"Supposed to?" Luke asks, very confused.

"So we are actually dating, I'm just too scared to tell Jade. And, I've kind of been lying to her about it for a while." I confess, looking around his room in embarrassment. 

"How does that even work?" Luke asks.

"I don't even know at this point, all I can say is that if I tell Jade she'll be furious. You know how she is, she'll literally hate me for lying to her." 

"Y/n, you have to tell her. The longer it goes on the worse it's gonna get." Luke tells me.

"I know, but I'm just so scared. God, how did I let it go on this long?" I say putting my face in my hands. Luke wraps an arm around me and I hug him back. He's great at comforting people, but he rarely does it. He's just so closed off and quiet all the time, I wish he would open up more so people could actually see how amazing he is.

"But you and Noah are dating?" Luke asks.

"Mhm." I say into his shoulder.

"Oh." He says sadly.

I pull away and look him in the eyes. Luke actually looks hurt by that, which I don't understand. Why would he care about Noah and I dating?

"Are you good?" I ask worriedly.

"Um, yeah, totally." He says brushing it off.

"Don't lie." I say. Something's clearly not right.

"It's nothing, really." Luke says.

"Luke, talk to me." I say, trying to get him to open up.

"It's just..I don't know." He says, looking at the wall behind me. I tilt my head and stare at him, trying to read his expression. I have absolutely no idea what he means, why can't he just tell me?

"Whatever it is, you know I won't get mad or anything." I say trying to get it out of him.

"There's just this girl that I've liked for a while, that's all." He says awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"What does that have to do with Noah and I?" I ask. I'm so confused.

"The girl is you."

a/n -

this is written so badly oops ✌🏼😙✌🏼

<3 lilia