o n e

"KAI, IT'S REALLY BORING AT HOME SINCE IT'S SUMMER, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN DO?" I turned my head and looked down at my little sister, Naomi, with her long purple hair tied messily into a high ponytail, her face stuffed in a pillow as she raised her first and slammed it into her cushion-y mattress. I smiled at my little sister's actions. She had a laptop, a phone, a gaming console, and anything to her heart's content, but what she was missing was something to do, a guided path.

"How about try a new hobby, perhaps?" "I wish I was good at something like you with painting, but I've tried everything, Kai." She sat up and turned to me, her eyes looking up as of thinking. She put a finger out facing the sky. "I've tried painting, art, cooking, piano, writing, volleyball, tennis, soccer, and literally everything. But I haven't found something I'm good at." She bit her cheek as she put up a finger for each thing she tried. "Hm, what about watching a show?" "I've watched everything on Netflix, Kai." I smiled.

"How about anime?" "Chinese cartoons?" "Idiot!" I said, shoving her back so she fell back onto her bed. "It's Japanese. And they're not cartoons, it's animation." I said, crossing my arms. "I've watched many. You should call me, 'Oh Wise One,' whenever you reference anime, because I'm a pro." "Uhuh so which one do you recommend?" She said, bouncing back up and jumping the edge of the bed and dangling her legs off the side like me.

"My all time favorite and the first one I watched when I was young was Naruto. It has multiple movies and shows, and I think you should watch it." "Uhuh, okay, Kai. When you were obsessed with that 'anime' stuff when you lived with me, you were like a nutjob, you know. I'm not sure about this 'Naruto' thing," "Oh come on, one episode?" I smirked. She sighed.

"Grab my laptop for me and I'll watch it." "It's three feet away,  Naomi.  Are you kidding me?" "Exactly, if it's three feet away then you should be considerate and grab it." "Grab your own shit, Naomi." 

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

The cold night bit at my fingers and rushed to my face, painting my cheeks and nose a rosy pink. My breath was like mist as I breathed,  the smoky figure blowing away in the chilly wind. I smiled as I made my way from my now locked car to my apartment building, only a few steps away. I was excited to go home and get comfortable in my lonely bed and warm up while watching my shows. 

Ever since I introduced Naomi to Naruto, we watched around two episodes together. At first, she scoffed because of the bad art style but after getting a taste of Naruto's great storyline she was as hooked as I was. My Naruto obsession ended years ago, but now I've seen it again I want to rewatch every single last episode and movie. Naruto was the first anime I watched and frankly, I'm starting to miss it a lot.

Stories of Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi filled my head, from the first arc in the Land of the Waves all the way to Naruto and Hinata's wedding. Sure, Boruto had come out and all, and even though I still avidly watched it, it wasn't ever the same and everyone knows that.  The excitement of watching my favorite characters on the screen made my walk turn into a jog as I opened my apartment building's doors and headed straight for the stairs to the second story.

As I unlocked my door and closed it behind me, I sighed, folding my coat and putting it on my chair. As I looked at the clock above my dining table, it reading 11:35, I felt a kick of loneliness in my heart. I felt like Naruto, being by myself, living by myself. Of course, this also applied to more than half of the Naruto characters because every powerful character had some sad backstory that usually included family death. 

I made my way into my room and into my bed, immediately opening my laptop and tapping away at my password. 

Naruto, huh? I really wish I lived in the Naruto universe, that would be so awesome. Because everyone is so accepting and considerate, and I could have a path in life. Being a strong ninja would be so inspiring.

I sighed, opening up the original Naruto show and filling the empty apartment with the Japanese words of the young cast. It filled my heart, it filled my sorrow and shielded me from my problems.

My childhood show was always going to hold a place in my heart.

 I looked out my window as the stars began to shine brighter, the dark night fighting off the beautiful chilly day. My laptop didn't seem all the important in those few seconds staring at the beautiful colorless orbs that glowed far away in the midnight-black sky. 

I wish I lived in a world with people like the Naruto characters.

And soon, I fell asleep with the show playing by my side.

---

New Story about Kakashi, yay. This starting chapter is a little short, but I think I'm going to come back and make some edits later!