Welcome to Avonlea

Avonlea is a wonderful place. After the tragic death of my mother and father, I used my inheritance to purchase a house in the most beautiful place in Canada: Avonlea. It had two spacious bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom, dining parlour and a beautiful garden out back. Vines grew up the stone walls of the house like emerald green snakes, making it look very homely from the outside. Beds of the most beautiful flowers surrounded the property, adding splotches of pink, purple, blue, green, yellow and red to the scene.
"It's perfect." I say aloud to myself. And it was. This house was all I had ever dreamed of, and I'm sure my parents would have loved it too. I think I can make this place my home.

My plain white shoes tapped on the wooden floorboards as I entered through the front door. I set my bags down on the kitchen table and went off to explore. I found the bedroom I liked most tucked away behind the polished stone kitchen. I decided then that it was to be my room. Delicate white curtains embroidered with flowers hung lightly over the windows, which overlooked the garden. The bed had a strong wooden frame and was beautifully engraved. Although it didn't look expensive, it was still pretty. The room also had a small closet made out of a wood that matched the wood of the bedframe. Oh, how lovely this house is!

I grab my bags that were originally sat on the dining table and place them neatly on the floor of my new room. I unpack all four of my dresses into the closet; my purple one, my lacy pink one, my simple navy blue one and my favourite light blue dress with puff sleeves. I place my few books on the side table next to my bed and lay down on the soft mattress. I can't wait to sleep on it tonight!

Despite my loneliness without my parents, I am determined to make friends at school tomorrow. Maybe I will even find a suitor... who knows? Surely there are some gorgeous boys in Avonlea, or at least I hope so. Oh well, there is only one way to find out.

My first day of school will certainly be interesting.