⋆Thirty⋆

"𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦?"

...

The last night of Camp for Finn and Millie, was a rollercoaster of emotions, to say the least. The night starting with Millie in weeping, and ending with the words she has never heard expressed towards her in such a way before. Those three words, making all the tears that she had shed worthwhile.

-

The early morning sun infiltrates the room, making Finn squint in defence. He had been awake now for around 20 minutes, solely watching the sleeping Millie in his arms. Her cheek lies against his chest, causing her pillowy lips to purse softly. He looks in between her resting frame and the alarm clock beside him, knowing that their last minutes of being together, are soon to be over.

It pains him that they will never have an opportunity like this to have spent so much uninterrupted time together. At least, not for a long time. Back at home, things are complicated; different.
He doesn't know what will happen to him, more importantly to him and Millie. Are they going to be....together? An official couple?

Finn has feared that the feelings he holds for this girl will suddenly evaporate when he gets back to his daily routine back home.

Nevertheless, last night only proved to him his true feelings. When Iris kissed him, he was furious. Not at her but at himself. Cursing at his utter naiveness and insensitivity. Having never cared who the girl was attached to the lips whom he used to kiss. Finn is disgusted by his past behaviour. Because now, for the first time in his life, he doesn't feel shallow anymore and feeling emotions he had never thought he could experience.

Finn looks back down at the peacefully sleeping figure. Completely infatuated, he smiles.

Finn inhales deeply, yet trying to be as quiet as possible not to wake Millie. All the heavy thoughts leave his mind as he exhales, knowing that not only had his circumstances changed, but so had he. Being here at camp, and most of all, meeting Millie had made him more conscious of his own actions and feelings. He insists that his admiration for her won't leave him with a simple exhale. He will be breathless before ever letting go of these feelings.

He feels Millie start to stretch out and yawn as her eyes slowly open.

"Hey" Finn smiles down at the girl who unknowingly clouds his mind.

She glances around the room, being blinded by the harsh sunlight before her eyes dart back at the curly-headed boy looking down at her.

"How long have you been awake" Millie croaks, stretching her arms out, however remaining against Finn's chest.

"Not long" Finn lies, not wanting to admit how long he had been mindlessly staring at her.

She murmurs, stretching and smiling up at him.

"What" Finn chuckles, lightly tucking her unkempt hair behind her ear.

She giggles into his chest."Youre staring at me."

Finn looks out the window, the heat rising in his cheeks. Denying it would be of more effort, and simply untrue.

"Shut up" Finn grumbles keeping his stare at the window looking onto the glistening lake water.

Millie watches him, smiling goofily at how her simple words affect him. Nonetheless, she feels bad for making him feel ashamed.