Devotedly Daisy- Prologue

Devotedly Daisy

Prologue

~~

New York City 1914

Daisy Wade smiled at herself in the mirror as she fixed her yellow dress and put on her locket. She had a blind date- her cousin and best friend Maggie had sat it up- apparently the man who was named Colton McCall was best friends with Maggie's fiancé Beau Morgan.

They all were to attend Maggie's movie at the cinema, it was very exciting as Maggie had been acting since their youth and now she was on the big screen.

She and Maggie shared a two bedroom apartment right in the heart of the city, Maggie had lived in New York since she turned eighteen and her mother let her move while Daisy at the age of twenty-four had just recently joined her in the big city.

"Daisy, are you ready?" Maggie asked walking towards her in a beautiful pink dress. She grabbed her hat and put it on her blond hair before turning towards Maggie.

"I don't know... How do I look?" She asked nervously. She wondered if Colton would be handsome.

"Beautiful!" Maggie said taking Daisy's hands "He'll fall in love with you instantly!"

Daisy laughed lightly, she had given up on her dream of being a wife and mother. She was the youngest of nine children and the only to be unmarried. But no matter, she'd enjoy her night out and not expect anything to come of it as nothing ever did.

Maggie smiled brightly as she fixed her own blond hair, the two of them had often been mistaken as sisters- both her and Maggie took after their fathers- who were brothers in looks- both of them had blond curls and blue eyes, though Maggie's eyes were a beautiful icy blue and Daisy's eyes were dark blue. She had often felt envious of Maggie's eyes.

A knock sounded on the door and Maggie smiled brightly reviling deep dimples on either side of her cheeks "They're here!" she exclaimed.

Daisy felt suddenly nervous she removed her hat and adjusted her hair, she had decided on wearing her hair in a fashionable chignon. Taking a deep breath; she watched as Maggie opened the door. Beau entered the room first; his auburn hair was just as messy as ever although he managed to somewhat control it with a hat. His warm brown eyes lit up when he saw Maggie. Daisy wanted that, she wanted someone to care for her and only her.

"My dear wife-to-be," Beau said with a handsome smile, he took his hat off and held it to his heart "You're even more beautiful today than you were yesterday."

Maggie blushed slightly before planting a kiss on Beau's cheek "And you sir, are far too suave for your own good."  

Beau smiled at Maggie before turning his attention to Daisy he cleared his throat and introduced her to Colton McCall, the dark and handsome man who had just entered the apartment. His hair was black and his jaw was square in the most handsome way, his nose was slightly bent as though it had been broken before and his lips were not too thick and not to thin but just perfect for his face. His eyes were dark and almost guarded. She smiled her best smile and allowed him to take her gloved hand.

"It's a pleasure Miss Wade" Colton said politely, she found it hard to tell if he was being sincere or not.

"It is indeed Mr. McCall." She replied in what she hoped was her most pleasant voice.

"Shall we then?" Maggie questioned walking out the door arm and arm with Beau.

"Oh yes of course." Daisy said moving her hat into her other hand as she walked awkwardly next to Colton. The man didn't even offer her his arm!