introduction

₊ * ˚ ϟ ₊ ˚ ╱ 𝚂𝚂

₊ * ˚ ϟ ₊ ˚ ╱ 𝚂𝚂.
❝ 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝗯𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁
𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙧. ❞

 ϟ ˚₊  ▌  With every passing day, a fragment of Thorne Barrow's sanity is stripped away

ϟ ˚ With every passing day, a fragment of Thorne Barrow's sanity is stripped away. It begins with the horrors of the walking dead and concludes with the spiraling minds of the living. She has learned two primal things since the veil of disarray dropped on the world: Pain doesn't go away. Sometimes it lingers, settling into the depths of your mind and striking when you least expect it. Pain: you make room for it.

Thorne's only priorities are to survive and to protect her little sister, June. Protecting her puts Thorne to the test, forcing her to become a killer and a wraith when there is no other option left to reap.

Supplies have dwindled and any food they had has been entirely spent, coercing a frantic Thorne to learn how to hunt. But still, her and little June's energy has begun to deplete, and the will for survival has strung itself out. So when two beaming women stumble upon the weakened starving sisters, Thorne, desperate to keep little June alive, reluctantly invests her trust in the women. They're together for two weeks, and the women give Thorne no reason to be wary of them, but she wakes one morning to find the women gone, and little June along with them. All she finds is June's globule bracelet. Thorne knows June would've never taken it off without a fight.

Determined to find her sister-no matter the mess of the world-Thorne chases any possible lead that might lead her to finding her sister. That includes lending trust to a stranger once more, and ironically, finding haven in a prison.

╔════════════════╗
₊ * ˚ ϟ ₊ ˚ 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚃 ...
╚════════════════╝