picture perfect family

chapter one

"You could have at least told me I have a twin brother!" I yelled.

It's not every day you find out that you have a twin brother and your mom isn't really your mom. But I guess today was just one of those days.

"Well, it's too late my that now isn't it?" My dad reasoned.

I grunted and stormed up the stairs. As I walked up, I glanced at the family photos on the wall. kinds funny how they weren't true family photos anymore. when I reached my room, I went and grabbed my phone to play some music. I guess most girls would text their best friend in this situation. I, however, didn't. And anyway, I just needed to relax, not rant. At least not yet.

I'd barely seen you when you asked me if I hated you

Wasn't surprised but still had nothing I could say to you

I'm sorry if I ever made you feel the way you do-

"Sofia?" I heard my dad ask from outside my door.

"Yes?" I answered in an irritated tone.

"Check your email," is footsteps started and faded out as he walked away from my door.

I opened up my laptop and went on to Gmail. There was an email from my dad.

Sofia,

I know you are extremely angry right now but I have some more news for you. Your mom and I have decided to end things. She wants to start a brand new family without us and I want you to come live with me, you're real mom, and brother. I have some information below for you to get to know our brother a little more.

His name is Cameron Alexander Dallas. He's 16 years old and according to your real mom, he's internet famous. I'm sure you can find some more things about him if you want to get to know him more. We'll be moving into their house in 3 days, this Saturday.

Before you stop reading, please understand that I am truly sorry I never told you, I just never found the right time to tell you. Start packing your bags and get ready to move to California.

-Love Dad

Taking deep breaths, I slammed my laptop shut and then screamed into my pillows. I had to move to California. I live in New Jersey. That means I wouldn't be able to see any of my friends again. I called my closest friend, Hannah, and started packing.

"Sis, you're telling me that you have a brother and he's FAMOUS?" Hannah yelled over the phone.

"Not famous, just semi-popular I think," I said while I finished packing my clothes from my closet into a box.

"What do you mean you think? Search him up you idiot," she yelled again.

"I'm kind of busy packing over here, why don't you do it. Cameron Dallas, Age 16, California," I stated as I started moving to my dresser.

"Ok got you. Cameron Dallas. 16. California. Loadinggg and HOLY SMOKES HE'S HOT!" she screamed.

"Hannah, that is my BROTHER we are talking about," I exclaimed. "And anyways how famous is he?"

"20 fucking million followers on Instagram. Sofia if that's not famous for you, then I don't know what is," my jaw dropped when she said that.

"Holy fuck Hannah. That means that 20 million people are going to know who I am since I'm blood related to him," I said while in shock.

As I finished packing up all my clothes, me and Hannah finished talking and ended the call. I sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I concluded that now would be a perfect time to research my brother. As I typed his name into the search bar, a tear slid down my cheek and I realized that my whole life would be changing for the better or the worse.

The screen loaded and a picture of a teenage boy popped up. He had brown eyes and brown hair, just like me. I couldn't exactly tell how but we looked very alike if you directly compared us. Hence the fact that we were twins. I started to read the Wikipedia bio that was under his name.

It talked about how he's a Viner and a very famous one at that. It also talked about him on a tour called Magcon. I clicked on the link and it brought me to a page about 9 boys and the Magcon tour. But I closed my laptop shut as I heard a knock on my door.

"Dinner's ready," my dad called from outside my door before he went back downstairs. I sighed and walked downstairs for dinner. While walking down the stairs, I looked at the wall where our pictures were. They were all gone. So were the pictures in the dining room. The whole house was almost fully empty and I didn't like it one bit. But there was nothing I could do to change the fact that my 'family' was splitting and I was joining a new one.

Authors Note: hi. I hope everyone's doing well during this whole Corona thing. I got my phone taken away and I'm very bored so you can be expected more updates as time goes on. ly bye.

twitter: jolinskywho

Instagram: thejacksthatsmileback