Mimi

I stood on the rooftop, staring at the girl in front of me.

How did she beat me here?

The girl, who I recognized as my friend Mimi, stood at the edge, fiddling with her braids-

Wait, braids?!

As far as I remembered, she never wore her hair in braids. She had told me she preferred to wear her hair down.

I didn't have time to question her decision, however, as she was about to jump. So, naturally, I called out to her.

"Hey, don't do it, please!"

Why did I say that? I didn't care whether she jumped or not. in fact, I was rather annoyed. I'd lost my chance because of her.

"Misty?" She spoke, seeming surprised to see me. "Why are you here?"

"I was just about to ask you the same question." I retorted. Why was she going to jump?

"You've probably heard this before but... I thought Dude was the one, but he didn't see it that way."

"Really?" I snapped. "Really?!"

"What do you mean?"

"You got here before me because you didn't get the guy? What kind of reason is that? At least you've never had anything taken from you!"

I stopped, tears forming in my eyes, which I quickly brushed away. There was no way I was gonna let Mimi see me cry.

"I'm feeling better, you're not as bad as I thought." Mimi turned and ran back inside.

Maybe tomorrow will be better?