TWENTY THREE

sweat creature - harry styles
Y/N POV

Tears fall down my cheeks as I sit at the edge of my driveway, trying to figure out what I should do. For starters, I need to apologize to Jade. I need to tell her everything and how I can't lose her or Noah. And then I need to talk to Luke about everything that happened with him. It feels like I just lost both of my best friends in one night. The sky grows darker as I sit here, not doing anything but cry.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice asks. 

"Noah?" I say, jumping up and running over to him.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asks worriedly. 

"I just told Jade everything." 

"How'd she take it?" He asks pulling me in for a hug.

"I think she hates me." I whisper, trying to calm myself down from all this crying. 

"I'm sure she doesn't, she's just upset. She'll come around eventually." Noah says attempting to comfort me as he holds me tighter, stroking my hair. 

"Let's go inside." He mumbles, pulling away and taking my hand. 

We walk over to the door and he opens it, letting me go in before him. The cool air hits my face and a shiver runs down my spine. Tears continue to trickle down my face as I lead Noah to the kitchen where my dad is. I stand back as Dad's eyes light up as soon as he sees Noah, which causes me to actually smile. I love their little relationship, it's adorable. Noah turns to me and snakes his arm around my waist and we walk down the hallway to my room. He hasn't ever really been in my room for a long time before, except to drop stuff off, but it's a nice change from always being in his even though I love it there. 

"Look at me..everything is going to be okay." Noah says sitting me down and using his thumb to wipe the tears away. I put my hands on his chest and bury myself in him. All I need is him right now. He's the only person that can ever truly cheer me up, and I need him right now.

Instead of saying anything, I just let him hold me. He lays back on my bed and I'm practically on top of him. His arms stayed around me while my hands are on his chest. This feels so right. Noah feels right. I know that whatever happens, I'll have him to fall back on and that's so important. Whatever Jade tries to tell me, I know that Noah will always be here for me no matter what.

"Tell me everything." Noah whispers.

*****

That night Noah stayed over for almost the entire night. We talked about what happened and it felt good to get everything off of my chest. It feels like a tiny weight has been lifted, even though Jade is still ignoring to me. After Noah left I called her a million times but she never picked up. I expected that reaction, but it's been days and I haven't heard a word from her. I've texted her, called, written her notes, anything I could think of to get her attention. All I've been doing is apologizing, but I just need her to hear it in person. 

"Hey." Luke says, stopping at my locker.

"Hey." I mumble. Things actually haven't been that awkward between us, we've just chosen to ignore it, or at least he has. 

"Have you talked to Jade at all?" He asks, looking me in the eye.

"I've tried but she won't talk. Have you?"

"Not much, she seems pretty upset." Luke replies.

"She should be, I don't blame her." I murmur sadly. 

"Yeah..how have you been?" Luke asks. 

"Not good." 

"Well if you ever need anything, you know where to find me."

"I know. Thank you." I reply, standing on the tip of my toes to reach up and hug him. 

Luke pulls away and smile lightly before turning around and walking down the long hallway. The entire school day I've tried to find Jade, but I haven't been able to. We are neighbors, so I could always just walk to next door to her house, but I have a feeling she wouldn't want that. Even though I need to talk to her, I respect her space and I'm not going to push my limits. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jake. And Jade. I whip around and stand there, staring at her. 

"Jade!" I say, walking over. She sees me and grabs Jake's hand, shuffling down the hallway away from me. 

I stand there all alone watching her run away from me. Is she really that upset? She has reasons to be, but she's never been like this in all the years I've known her. God, why is this so hard?

"Good morning, sunshine." Noah says from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his face in my neck.

"Afternoon." I correct with a smile forming on my lips.

"Whatever." He says with a laugh. 

"Could you talk to Jake for me? I was thinking maybe I could get to Jade that way or something." I ask.

"Has she still not talked?"

"No, in fact she just ran away."

"Aw, I'm sorry baby." He says frowning.

"It's fine, I just need to talk to her eventually." I reply.

a/n -

:(

<3 lilia