Chap. 01 {The Invisible Girl}

My home was destroyed long before the monsters and the zombies attacked. My world wasn't at its end like everyone else. Because it had been over long ago. What was a royal kick in the behind was one thing. That the zombies and the monsters saw me. And it seemed like they didn't forget me. Which was a joyous moment for me. In this ended world we lived in. But it opened my eyes. Humans were assholes. They chose to ignore me in school. To pretend they never saw me. Acted like they forgot who I was. But the only thing I had ever been glad about was that they all ignored me after the day my father was sentenced to prison for twenty five years. But there was one human that I knew wasn't an asshole. The only friend I have ever had: June Del Toro. She was the editor of the school newspaper and captain of the middle school field hockey team, and she was the only one that knew my entire life story.

But now, I wished the zombies couldn't see me. Or that I had June with me. Because I had to deal with a horde in my domain. The outlet mall. Macawnivore roared at the horde of the undead that laid on the other side of the glass doors. Oh well how wonderful. This will be a long and unmerciless task ahead of me. Thank goodness I have a bat abd an actual katana. That I don't know how to properly weild.

"Just let me know when it-."

And the next thing I know is a jeep of some kind is barreling through my front door. Quite literally. Macawnivore slammed on top of me in order to protect me from the debris. She growled at the jeep, but also at the zombies pouring in. She hopped off of me and I made it to my feet. The Jeep doors opened up, and I was met with blue hues attached to a boy wearing a red and white basebalk tee and dark blue jeans with red high top converses on his feet. Three more people hopped out of the jeep. June Del Toro. I climbed on top of my giant cat.

"I knew that was a very bad idea." The female asked.

Is that Dirk Savage with Quint Baker, Jack Sullivan, and June Del Toro? That's impossible. But I guess the impossible happens when the world you love goes to shit. Not to almost quote a time-traveling, space-jumping assassin played by a once childish cooking quarter of a quad.

"I'm more worried about currently NOT GETTING EATEN BY A HUMONGOUS HORDE OF ZOMBIES!" Quint Baker exclaimed.

"What about the giant cat?" Dirk pointed to Macawnivore who had stood next to the science geek.

"AH!" Quint exclaimed, freaking out which alerted the zombies.

I clicked my tongue. Macawnivore ran through the thirteen year old kid (and one should-be high school senior) and they slid onto the back of my cat. But after me. I gently kicked the side of the cat who turned around and let out a loud terrifying roar. The zombies turned towards her and started slumping towards us.

"Uh, weird cat monster rider dudette, what are you doing?" Dirk Savage asked me.

"And follow up question, who are you cat monster rider?" Jack Sullivan asked me.

Oh, so he had forgotten who I was. I'll always be invisible. Even in the end of the world. I didn't answer either question. I just waited for the zombies to come closer. And when a zombie was closed enough to scratch her, I tapped her side with my foot. Macawnivore whipped around and started running away from the zomhie horde.

"Operation Parrot Vulture." I told her.

The cat nodded and opened her mouth where a siren noise was heard. It lured the zombies after us. I clicked my tongue as she turned and led the zombies to a zombie-designated exit. Thr cat climbed onto the second floor, and I punched the button beside the stairway. Which opened up a path for the zombies to be steered into and a barricade so the zombies couldn't get up. I hopped off the cat. The others hopped off and I was met by a hug from June.

"[Y/N], you're alive!" June exclaimed before letting go of the hug. "Of course, I knew you were alive. Nothing could have taken you out so soon."

"CAN WE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE?! YOU'RE SIREN SCREAMING CAT IS MAKING ME HARD OF HEARING!" Same usual Quint Baker. I nodded and led the kids towards the food court where robot handed me a few bags of McDonald's food. "Wonderful handmanship. A robot that can cook? And serve? You really are robotics team worthy."

"Thanks, Quint. Do you want anything?"  I asked him. "I can have AMY make anything."

"AMY? As in Amy Gonzalos? I thought she was a real bitch to you?" June asked.

"Oh no. Gonzalos is dead. Eaten by a zombified monster. AMY stands for Anomated Mechanical Youngling." I explained.

"I just have one question thay no one has answered for me yet. Who are you?" asked Jack.

"Um... I'm [Y/N] [L/N]. I was your lab partner in Eight Grade Biology. And sat next to you in Honors English and Honors Math. And your PE buddy." I introduced myself to him for what felt like the one hundredth time.

He still looked at me like he had never noticed me before. Most people don't see me at all. But June was the only one to ever see me. And Quint was similar to that. Only because of the robotics team.

"It's her superpower. She's invisible. It's one of the reasons why she writes the gossip and advice columns for the paper. She can get the latest intel and never be seen." June responded.

"Wait. Aren't you a daughter of a serial killer?" asked Dirk.

"You're a daughter of a serial killer?!" Jack and Quint exclaimed in unison.

I grumbled at that. "No, she isn't." June came to my defense. "Her father only killed one person. Second degree murder. Her mother."

"Thanks for that, June." I mumbled.

"Do you want to come stay with us, [Y/N]?" asked June.

"I don't know. I have the outlet to look out for. Plus, I have crops to tend to." I explained

"Crops? You make your own food?" Dirk asked.

"Dirk here is a gardener." Quint explained. "He can help you with the crops."

"I have loot I need to protect." I argued.

"We can bring it back with us." Jack offered.

"It's a little too much." I added.

"We can always come back later. With Rover."

"Ro...ver?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's our pet monster. Come on, [Y/N]! I need more female companionship! I'm being trapped by testosterone here! I need some more estrogen with me! Please!" June begged.

"Fine. But if Macawnivore doesn't like your Rover, I'm coming back."