fifty four

+

+

The next time the chunin exams were held in Kumo, I was fifteen and a half. To be honest... not that much had occurred between the time the exams rolled around, and I had gotten my tattoo. Nothing substantial anyway. Ryuu's little sisters had become genin and were all on the same team together. They were doing well, honestly. Even more so than I expected, as their sensei, a very quiet, and calm blond-haired man who didn't speak much, but was apparently one of Momo's teammates back in the day, believed they were ready to take the chunin exams. It only made it that much more convenient as they were gonna be in Kumo too.

That made me scratch at my head a little bit, honestly. But whatever. Not my sisters, not my students. I wouldn't be the one in hot water if something happened to them. Apparently, there were some other people from Kumo in their age group who were also going to take the exams. So ... since most people participating were from here, the exams were held here. Easy peasy.

Over the last year and a half or so, my hair had gotten a lot, a lot longer. Instead of doing the usual big chop I did, I decided to just throw it up into a ponytail. In a way, it was kind of better. Kept it out of my face. I still had bangs, though I decided to cut longer, side bangs to rest on the outer sides of my face. Looked pretty sweet.

One of my gigs while being a chunin, as I was kind of gearing up to become a jonin hopefully sometime soon, was to help out with the diplomatic affairs. Well... I wasn't really having a lot of interaction with officials. I handled more of the security aspect. Apparently I wasn't... professional enough. Though that was more so coming from Katsu rather than myself.

In fact, both Ryuu and Katsu were doing that with me. Diplomatic stuff, I mean. Katsu had gained himself a more professional standpoint over time, especially as he picked up medial ninjutsu, and was one of the best damn doctors already if I had to say so myself.

Ryuu was working under C in the sensory division now. But whenever we all had time to go on a mission together, he always carried around this little notebook thingy. He whipped it out when he saw a new seal and made sure to write it down. Kind of annoying, really... but I guess it made sense since I did the same thing with my bingo book. He had a pretty cool collection going. Though if he learned to write his own seals instead, it would have made it a lot cooler. Less of a copy cat. I mean... the only one who was really capable of that sort of reputation was Kakashi Hatake. Even then he had other things about him that were cool.

Today, I was to greet the incoming shinobi at the gate and verify that they were actually supposed to come in. The last thing we wanted was to make the same mistake as Konoha and let someone like Orochimaru into our village. So I guess you could say I had a pretty important job.

Leaning against the side of the bridge leading into the village, I sighed out of boredom. I wasn't super alert, arms were thrown over the railing as I peered down into the canyon below, but I was aware enough to notice a can of soda being held out to me.