Part Five ~ Okay

David's hands were trembling as he began to read the note deeper and deeper. The thought of her so broken and ready to end her life hurt him, it hurt him so bad he could feel every ounce of his body drown in pain. She wasn't stopping him from reading the note. She wanted him to see it and help her because frankly, she didn't want to die, she just wanted him to come and save the day, to come and save her.

"Y-You w-wrote this?" David managed to get out a few moments after finishing the note. He was shattered to his entirety. His face was a new shade of red and his palms were so sweaty he found himself constantly wiping them on his jeans while waiting for her response as patiently as he could.

She couldn't say anything so she let her head hang low and slightly nodded and the minute she did David immediately rushed to her side and gave her the biggest bear hug he could. He knew that part of the reason she was feeling this way was because of him and it ate him up inside. All he wanted was a perfect, happy life with her, get married, have children of their own, and it was all coming together, until it wasn't, and that broke him into so many pieces that he failed to bring her the happiness he knew she deserved.

Moments after their hug came to a stop, David rubbed her shoulders and sat her down. He caught her shaking a bit so he scooted closer to her and cuddled her the best he could. He didn't want to hover or pry at what was going on in her head, so when she was ready to talk to him, he would be there to listen.

After a while of cuddling, Winona finally felt stable enough to talk to him. She knew she needed too because he was part of the reason for her feeling this way, of course none of it was intentional but he still had something to do with it.

"L-Look I'm sorry, It's just that everything has been incredibly difficult since- well y'know"

David kissed the side of her head reassuringly. He didn't want to say the wrong thing so he offered her the kiss and a warm smile to go with it, which made her smile a bit and fall into his chest more than she already was. David snuggled her to keep her as comfortable as possible, he wanted her feeling okay, which after reading the note, he wasn't gonna leave her side until he knew for a fact that she was.

David spent the rest of the night with her, making sure she ate, took a shower, and doing her normal routine as best as possible. He wanted her to feel safe and protected and most of that protecting was from herself. He didn't let her out of his sight, he slept in the same bed next to her, cuddling her as best as he could to make her feel okay, that was his goal, to make her feel okay, better than okay. But he knew what a challenge that was going to be and he wasn't sure how he was going to accomplish that and then a thought came to his head, What if she never gets okay?