TWENTY SIX

you probably don't care but i'm writing finn book that i'll publish when this one is done :)
Y/N POV

"I can't stop worrying." Noah mumbles throwing his head back.

"I'm sure you'll get in." I say.

"But it's not easy, it only has 27.7% acceptance rate." Noah sighs, sitting back up and typing into his computer. 

Noah and I sit in his room, finishing up last minute stuff for school next year. Next week Luke, Jade and I are taking a trip to UCLA for a tour, but Noah is still worrying over whether he'll get into NYU or not, even though I know he'll get accepted. 

"It's summer, you should be having fun instead of stressing." I tell him walking over and wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He looks up at me and smiles which makes my heart melt. 

"I was thinking me and you could go hiking or something." Noah says with a grin.

"We totally should, that'd be so much fun." I say dipping my head down to plant a kiss on his forehead. 

"Then let's go." Noah adds.

"Like right now?" I ask confused.

"Yep, right now. C'mon it'll be nice to get away." 

"You're right, let's do it. I'll text my dad then we'll be off." I say and pull out my phone.

"Cool, meet you downstairs." Noah mumbles and takes off down the hallway. 

I smile to myself at how adorable he is and send a text to my dad telling him what I'm doing. He usually doesn't care as long as I tell him, which has always been nice. Ever since Mom died he stepped back a little and just let me be. I miss him being around though, and I miss Mom. I miss her everyday. When she died it felt like I was so alone in the world and I never realized that without Jade, Luke and Noah I'd still be feeling that way. They really saved my life. I run to Noah's desk to grab my wallet and stop when a piece of paper catches my eye. Paper clipped to it are a bunch of others, put away under everything else. 

I pull it out and skim over it. Oh. My. God. They're letters, to me. The first one is dated all the way back to when Noah and I first met. My heart races as I look over them. I don't read them, that would intrude on his privacy, but they make me melt. He's writing to me. Is he going to give to me eventually? I'd ask but I don't want to ruin anything. On the top of the stack is a letter from NYU. My stomach drops as I pick it up and read it. 

He got in. He lied.

"Y/n?" Noah says from the doorway.

"Oh, I- uh, sorry. Ready?" I blurt dropping the papers and spinning aground.

"Yeah." He says with a smile.

"Great, let's go."

*****

The entire time we've been in the car, I haven't said a word. I'm not even mad, I'm just hurt that he lied to me. Which is so hypocritical considering what I did to Jade, but I'm still upset. Noah holds my thigh as we drive along and I trace his hand thinking about what I should say.

"When do you find out if you got into NYU?" I ask, looking over at him.

"No idea, soon though." Noah says, turning his head and smiling at me.

I nod and look down. Another lie. How long is he going to keep doing this? Should I just tell him I know or see what he's going to do. Things went from perfect to not in seconds. I found those letters that were so sweet, but then all this happened. I don't know what to do.