𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤

You and your best friend, Kageyama, were just walking out of class. 

"___ -san, do you want to come to volleyball practice with me?" Kageyama asked with a small grin.

"I would love to Kageyama-san." You replied, returning his slight grin with a closed smile. 

Both you and Kageyama were walking towards the gym when you heard a faint voice call your name.

"___-chan! Kageyama-Kun!" You saw a short orange-haired boy running your direction with his arms spread out greeting you with a hug.

"Hinata, hi!" You exclaimed, greeting him into your wide-open arms. 

At this time, you, Kageyama, and Hinata were all headed towards the gym. When you arrived at the gym, you were greeted by the rest of the team. You took a seat with Coach Ukai and Kiyoko and just watched the boys practice.

Around 2 hours later, the practice was over. You waited for Kageyama to tell you he was ready to go and once he did, you both said your goodbyes to the team and made your way home. 

After about 3 minutes of awkward silence, Kageyama finally said something.

"So... it's quite... erm- cold, don't you think?" He said nervously.

You could tell that he was being awkward but you appreciated the fact that he initiated a conversation with you.

"Yes, it is pretty cold outside haha! I wish I didn't forget a jacket." You said this with the complete intention for Kageyama to give you his jacket, you did like him after all.

"Oh um-, here," Kageyama said while holding up his jacket. "You can use it."

Your plan worked. You thanked him for giving you his jacket and he asked you a question.

"Hey y/n," he was getting nervous. "Would you want to maybe go to the diner with me? Just to grab a snack, I'm quite hungry after practice haha."

"I'd love to," you replied. You feel butterflies in your stomach. This was your chance, a date with Kageyama. You could confess and tell him how you feel. There were so many emotions running through your head at this moment. Feelings of happiness and excitement filled you, but then you remembered that he might not feel the same way. Right as you started thinking about this, you heard Kageyama say your name.

"Y/n?" He said your name in a kind voice.

"Yes?"

 "The diner is on the right." 

"Oh, okay."

You got your hopes up for nothing. He didn't want to tell you how he felt about you, he just wanted you to know where the diner was.

After about 2 minutes, you get to the diner. You both sit at a booth and are seated across from each other. The waiter comes to your table and takes your orders. She takes down your orders and you say thank you as she walks away to get your orders filled. 

"Hey y/n, can I tell you something?" Kageyama asked out of nowhere.

"Sure." Your heart started racing, you felt the rush of adrenaline with your blood pumping. You almost felt sick, almost like you wanted to vomit. Kageyama breathed deeply, preparing himself for what he was about to say to you.